eighty-six

They're waiting in line. To check out. Both are holding a shopping basket. They were on the way back. From the Hwangs' place. So they stopped by a store to do some shopping.

"Jisung... have you been okay?" Minho asks. Smiles.

Jisung's confused at his question. He nods.

"Yeah! I'm feeling great! Are you?"

"Yeah, I'm great too," Minho answers. Chuckles.

Jisung was quiet for a few moments earlier. So Minho just wondered... if there was anything troubling him. Any new memories. Dreams.

It helps Minho feel better. Just to hear it from him—

Jisung hugs his free arm. "Is it okay to kiss in public too?" He asks.

Minho notices the couple who had entered. He didn't see. If they'd exchanged a kiss. But Jisung's pouting.

"Depends but... yeah, mostly it's okay. Just like hugs."

Jisung's eyes flick to his lips. He leans closer. Holds back.

Minho closes the gap for him. He pecks his lips.

Jisung beams. Minho has to kiss him once more.

"Okay, it's our turn," Minho murmurs.

Jisung watches him with rapt attention. He doesn't want to miss anything in their transaction. 

Minho finishes. Then Jisung jumps to carry the bags.

"You don't have to hold all of them," Minho says. He takes half from him. "You can carry these. Now we can hold hands."

Jisung loves that. He's beaming even more with joy.

- - -

- - - - - -

They've fallen into a routine. It's comfortable.

After the few talks about appropriateness... Jisung's working harder. To keep his hands off Minho. And off sexy books.

Minho will sometimes find Jisung staring at him. As he's working. So he'll stare back at him. Jisung will go pink. Cover his face. Chant, "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm a bad person! I'm sorry!"

Minho's continuously impressed too. Jisung really listens well. And when he understands, he can be so considerate.

Even though he enjoys love books... he has separated them. They're on a different section of the bookshelf.

Minho laughed to himself. Quietly. As he watched Jisung sort them.

Jisung would open books to the middle. Go pink. Shove them into a pile. To reorganize them. To make sure he doesn't grab any by mistake.

Minho found that adorably funny.

Jisung now reads old books. With more complex language. It keeps him occupied though. He uses a dictionary. Puts it right beside himself.