eighty

Minho still keeps an eye on doors. Of the bathroom. The front. The bedroom. Because he can't get rid of that fear so fast.

But soon... Jisung comes bouncing out of the shower. He's dressed in a new T-shirt. His hair's damp.

He skips to Minho. Hugs his waist. He smells fresh. His skin's warm.

Minho holds him for long minutes. He feels comforted.

When he parts... Jisung's beaming. It's such a wonderful sight.

Minho kisses him. Hugs him again. Holds him longer.

"Minho?" Jisung says. Strokes his back. "Are you okay?"

Minho's throat gets a lump. He hums. Buries his face into his neck. Breathes deeply. "I love you," he says.

It's all he can say. He feels so sad. Hurt. For Jisung. For what has happened to him. What it has done to him.

But he feels happy too. That Jisung's here. That he remembered. Stayed. He can still be himself. Sweet and adorable.

Jisung caresses his hair. Hugs him tighter. His voice wavers. "Thank you, Minho... I love you too... So much..."

Minho sniffs. Composes himself. "Come, you've gotta eat," he says.

He leans down to kiss Jisung's cheek. Sets his sandwich in front of him.

"Is there avocado in here?" Jisung asks.

"You don't like them so nope. There's none."

"You're not tricking me?"

"Not this time, no."

Jisung gasps. His eyes go wide. "You've tricked me before?"

Minho turns away. Hides his smile.

"Minho! Did you feed me an avocado—"

"Do you want strawberry milk?"

"Oh! Yes, please!"

- - -

- - - - - -

Minho tries. To go about their day. Like usual.

But Jisung's past is still on his mind. It makes his chest tight.

He keeps glancing at Jisung. Checking to see how he feels. Whether he's lost deep in his thoughts. Sorrows.

Which... he seems to be. Often. But he blinks out of it fast. Whenever he sees Minho looking at him.

"Sungie..." Minho says. Finally closes his notes. He can't focus.

"Yeah?" Jisung says. He's reading now. It's one of Minho's works. His lips are pouting. He's quite focused.

Minho sits beside him. Leans slightly. To see the page.

Heat shoots through his body.

It's a mature scene. Full of nudity. Penetration.

He grabs the comic. Closes it. Without thinking.

"Nooo..." Jisung whines. "You said I could read anything!"

Minho clears his throat. "Y-Yes, I know. I will let you b-but... uh... I just wanted to talk to you..." It's true. He did.

"Oh..." Jisung says. He turns to him. "Okay..."

Minho puts the comic on the table. Takes a breath.

"Jisung... thank you for telling me everything you remembered last night. I just... want to check if you're okay..."

"I'm... okay, I guess," Jisung mumbles.

"B-But what happens now?" Minho says. "W-Will you be okay? Can you stay here? Can you be human, alive, I mean, with me?"

"Um, do you... want me to?"

"Yes, of course— I've wanted nothing more than just you by my side..." Minho's voice quivers from his feelings. "I love you."

"Me too." Jisung smiles. "Then yeah. I'm here."

"Forever? As a human?"

"Well... not exactly. Humans die, right?"

Minho's heart drops. "Y-Yeah..."

"Then not forever. I will die too."

Minho frowns. "So you mean... you will live and age and die, like a human being? You won't turn into a mannequin?"

"I can always turn into a mannequin, if I need to."

"If ever you do turn into a mannequin... will you forget again?"

"I'm not sure about that," Jisung answers. Appears troubled. "B-But... if I remember this last thing... then I will have more control, I think..."

"Last thing?" Minho says. He's unsure. Afraid of it all.

"Yes," Jisung says. Blinks at his hands. "I... I remembered the lady... the one who told me to call her mother... her name's Mary."

"Oh..." Minho says. He's scared to hear this.

How much pain is in Jisung's past? Who else hurt him?

To be continued...