ninety-eight

Jisung was afraid of it. The magic that he possesses. The abilities he could have. Or already has. But he needs to figure it out.

Minho's been telling him: It's okay that you're curious. Of course you'd want to know more about it. How to control it.

 Because after using it unknowingly... Jisung couldn't help himself from going back to it. Trying to look through it. He'd get nervous. Blink guiltily at Minho. Even get tearful.

It took some time. But Jisung started to feel less anxious.

He has less guilt now. And slowly... he became... comfortable...

Now... Minho might even say... Jisung has started to enjoy it. Too much.

Minho yawns. Gets out of bed. He came home late. Went to bed late.

Jisung's already up. Minho knows he's somewhere in the kitchen. Or in the living room. By the bookshelves.

"Morning, Sungie..." Minho calls out.

"Morning, sleepyhead!"

Okay. He's in the kitchen.

Minho shakes his head to himself. Smiles. Goes to wash up.

Jisung's making breakfast. But he's also... learning about his magic. Or practicing. That's what he likes to call it.

Minho halts a few feet away. He bites his lip.

Mugs are floating around. A salt shaker. Oh, there's pepper too. Jisung's standing by the stove. He's holding an egg. A pan is sizzling.

Jisung then moves to the coffee maker.

He places... the egg... in the air.

Minho takes a step back. He moves out of the kitchen. Walks backwards.

Jisung didn't hear him coming. Minho cannot say anything now. He could startle Jisung. Everything floating around will drop. To the floor.

Minho's back hits the bedroom door. He clears his throat.

"Hey, Jisung," he calls. Not very loudly. "Are you in the kitchen?"

Jisung's head appears. By the doorway to the kitchen. He smiles.

"Yes, I'm making you breakfast!"

"Great," Minho says. "Can I... come in, then?"

Jisung appears puzzled. "Yeah? Why not?"

Minho hurries to the kitchen again. Nothing's floating this time.

- - - - - -

It's quite harmless. The worst it can do is... make a mess. Which Jisung has done. Many times. But he apologizes. A thousand times. Always rushes to clean it all.