one hundred one

The Hwangs have been taking Jisung almost every day. Sometimes, Mrs. Hwang comes. Sometimes, it's Hyunjin. 

It's always during the hours Minho has decided he must work. So he can never tag along to wherever they're going.

He has wanted to. But Jisung brings up his work often.

"Minho! You said you need to work at least five hours a day! At least! It hasn't even been an hour!"

"I can do it later. We're up late anyway..."

"But we won't be able to spend time together then..."

Jisung's right: Minho needs to do his work in the hours he says he will. Otherwise... he can't spend time with Jisung later.

Minho hasn't let any of this bother him. Because why should it? The Hwangs are great. Honestly. They're really helping a lot.

Jisung at home... will just... make huge copies of explicit pictures. Or he'll try cooking. Or levitating things. Or cleaning. With magic.

Or he'll tiptoe around cutely. To not bother Minho. Surprise him with a cup of coffee. He always looks so proud. At how happy it makes Minho.

"Wait, why are you pulling me into your lap?"

"Don't you want a kiss, Jisung?"

"Ew! Not after you drank coffee!"

"I just took one sip, okay!"

"Still! No! It's disgusting!"

Jisung actually pushed his face away. So Minho has made sure since then: It's kisses first. Coffee later.

Minho puts a sticky note on the page he's working on. Places the book down. Pushes his sketches away.

Jisung's gone again. Minho gets to his feet. He shuffles to the kitchen. He has to make coffee himself now. Just like old times—

He stops. The coffee maker has a sticky note on it. There's a whole pot of hot coffee. His cup is beside it.

The note says, "For you! With lots of love!"

Minho smiles. He pours himself a cup. Turns to go.

There's a note on the fridge too.

"Look inside me for a surprise!" It says.

Minho opens it. He quickly finds another note. It's on a toothpick. Stuck on a chicken sandwich.

"Lunch for you! Or snack! Eat it whenever you're hungry!"

Oh, he's so sweet. Minho thinks.

He closes the fridge. Goes back to his desk with a smile.

But it's quickly replaced with a frown. Then a sigh.

- - -

- - - - -

By lunch... Jisung's still not back. Minho has shuffled to the kitchen again. He took out the sandwich. Poured himself another cup of coffee.

Now he's slumped on the yellow sofa. The yellow's not bad. It makes the place right. And it's better than the neon green one.

Minho's eyes wander around. They pause on the shelves. The books get rearranged often. Based on whatever Jisung's reading. So Minho always knows what Jisung reads.

He takes a sip from his coffee. Then sighs. Again. What are the Hwangs doing? Why do they need to take Jisung? So many times?

Sure, Minho has him more but...

No, he doesn't mind. Of course not.

It's just... a bit lonely. Sometimes.

It's nice when Minho can hear Jisung. Somewhere around. When he can look over his shoulder. Find Jisung sprawled on the couch. The floor. Or sometimes in the bedroom. Busy with whatever it is he does.

It's really nice. To get a few kisses from Jisung. A few minutes.

Yeah... Jisung definitely likes him best.

Minho is his favorite person, after all. Right...?

To be continued...