seventy

Minho's looking at rings. Bracelets. He's thinking of how nice they would look. On Jisung's pretty hands.

"Minho! Minho, can I buy you something?"

Minho turns. Jisung's smiling. His hands are hidden behind his back.

"Buy me something?" He says.

Jisung nods. Excitedly.

"What do you want to buy me?"

"It's a surprise! I can't tell you!"

"Okay. But how will you buy it for me?"

Jisung's smile disappears. "Oh, yeah... could you give me some money... so I could buy it for you?"

Minho bites his lip. To not laugh. Jisung's cheeks turn pink. He's embarrassed. But very cute.

"Of course, sweetheart," Minho says. Clears his throat. Takes out his wallet. Hands him all the cash he has. "I hope this is enough?"

Jisung takes the money with one hand. Blinks down at it. Nods. "I think it is. Wait here, Minho."

Jisung's turning slowly. He's still hiding whatever it is that he's picked out for Minho. He walks up to the cashier.

Minho doesn't try to see. He just wants to make sure. That Jisung can manage the purchase.

They're at a jewelry and accessories store. At the mall. So Minho already has an idea of what Jisung could've gotten for him.

They were walking past the store... when Jisung pulled his arm. He pointed at the shiny products in the display.

"Would you like a bag?"

Minho takes a step closer. He sees Jisung nod. He's holding the change in his hand. They're bills and coins. 

The woman gives Jisung a small blue bag. Minho hears the happiness in Jisung's voice. He thanks her. Beams. Hops back to Minho.

"I got it!" Jisung dumps the change. Into Minho's hands. "Thank you!"

"You did really well," Minho says. He puts the money back in his wallet. And slips the coins into the pockets of Jisung's jeans.

He makes a mental note to himself. He should get Jisung a wallet or something to carry money.

"Is that for me?" Jisung says. Pats his pockets.

"Yes. Who knows, you might need it."

"Okay! Oh, and did you watch me? When I bought the— um, the gift?"

"Yes. You didn't even look back at me."

"Because I knew what to do!"

Minho takes his hand. Pecks his cheek. "Let's go home now. You still have to come and see—"

Jisung gasps. "Mama Haeun!"

Minho ruffles his hair. "Yes, don't worry, you're not late. We can just drop off your stuff at home first, okay?"

"Okay, Jisung says. "I'll give you this after! I have to... um... put it together. A-And you can't look at it when I'm gone!"

Put it together? What would need 'putting together'?

Minho smiles. "I won't look at it. You can hide it if you want. Hey, we have a few minutes... do you want an ice cream cone for the way back?"

"Yes! Can I pay? Can I buy it for you too? I have money now!"

Minho laughs. "Yes, please."

To be continued...

Just a mini update for now because zǎoshang hǎo zhōngguó xiànzài wǒ yǒu BING CHILLING wǒ hěn xǐhuān BING CHILLING