seventy-four

Jisung falls asleep in Minho's arms.

Minho carefully clicks his wrist to the bed. He doesn't want Jisung whining about it. Later.

The fear makes Minho stay, too. By the bed. He continues work. He gets hungry. Jisung must be too. But he can't go cook.

Jisung had opened all the locks last time. He can reach over to Minho's side now. Find the key. Get out and leave... while Minho's cooking.

He doesn't know if Jisung's got any appetite yet.

So he orders food online instead. Later, he wakes Jisung up. He has the bag of food. Held up.

Jisung's eyes widen. He sits up. His hands reach out to grab it. But he's stopped by the handcuff.

Minho thought... Jisung was getting better. There was less of the snivels. But they came back.

- - -

- - - - - -

Jisung then says his head hurts. He wants to eat. Half the burger is in his hands. But he lowers it. Pouts. Appears sorry.

"Minho... I can't eat anymore.... Sorry..."

"It's okay," Minho says. He ate something. That was better than nothing. "Can you wait here, Sungie?"

Jisung shakes his head. "Where are you going?"

"Nowhere," Minho says. "I'll make you some tea. It'll help."

Jisung nods. Hugs his own body.

When Minho returns, he finds out... Jisung hates peppermint tea. He thought it would help his cold. But Jisung whines. Shakes his head. Asks why Minho's making him drink toothpaste.

Minho apologizes. Makes him ginger tea. He gets Jisung to drink some. Praises him. Thanks him. Then helps him back to the bedroom.

Jisung's skin is getting hot. It worries Minho again. 

"Don't go..." Jisung whines. Weakly holds his arm. "I don't want..."

"To run away, yes, I know." Minho cuffs him again. He hates doing it. When Jisung's like this. But it's just for both their fears.

"Wait, Sungie, I'll be right back."

He properly checks Jisung's temperature. Finds he does have a fever. He gives him medicine again. Tries to cool him down. 

Jisung doesn't ask. Or complain. He falls asleep.

Minho stays in bed with him.

So Jisung can know... that Minho's by his side.

- - -

- - - - - -

Minho wakes. From soft clinks. He jerks up.

It's Jisung. He's trying to untie himself.

Minho touches his shoulders carefully. "What's the matter?"

Jisung stops. Turns. Minho's heart thuds. He quickly turns on the lamp.

Jisung shuts his eyes. Minho gently cups his face.

"Jisung, love? Are you alright?"

Jisung's eyes open. Minho almost cries.

Jisung breathes out. Leans into him. He still feels warm.

"Minho... W-What was I doing?"

Minho strokes his hair. "Trying to get out. But I heard you. So it's okay."

Jisung's quiet. Minho looks at his face. His eyes have teared up. His lips press tight. He's holding back from crying.

Minho hastily unlocks the cuffs. Jisung protests. Whimpers.

But Minho pulls him over his lap. Kisses his reddened wrist. Wraps his arms around him. Locks Jisung inside them.

"You're going to be okay. I'm here and I'll make sure nothing happens to you. I'm not letting you go that easily."

Jisung's sniveling into his neck. Minho rubs his back.

Eventually... Jisung's silent. Minho cautiously peers at him. Jisung grabs his shirt. He's awake. Minho places a long kiss on his forehead.

"Minho..." Jisung's voice is strange. His swollen eyes meet Minho's. "What do you want from me?"

"I-I'm sorry?" Minho says.

"What... do you want... from me?"

Minho swallows. His tears are close. "What does that mean? I want... nothing, Jisung. I just want you here with me. I just want to love you... and take care of you... and see you happy."

Jisung's blinks are slow. He's there in those eyes. But something else is too. Minho thumbs his cheek.

"W-What's the matter, Jisung?"

"What do you want me to give you?"

"N-Nothing," Minho says. He's confused. "I just... want to love you... a-and I guess... you can give me your love?"

That look disappears. Jisung frowns. Blinks a few times.

"I want to give you sooo much love," Jisung says.

Minho presses a kiss to his lips. "Me too. I love you so much."

Jisung giggles now. It brings joy and relief to Minho's heart.

He kisses Jisung again. Pecks his cheeks. His nose. His mouth again.

"Jisung. All I want is you, with me, happy and healthy. Okay?"

Jisung nods. "Me too! I want you here with me happy and healthy too! Because I love you sooo much!"

He's still here. He's okay.

Minho hugs him again. "I'm glad..."

To be continued...