seventy-two

Grandma Hwang is sitting in a rocking chair. Knitting. She's beside her bed. A smile's on her face as she watches Jisung curled up there. Asleep.

Minho greets her quietly. He steps around to Jisung. Touches his face. Pulls the cover higher. He thanks Grandma Hwang. Leaves the room.

"He seemed a little warm, right?" Mrs. Hwang asks him.

Minho nods. "I don't think he feels too hot, though."

"But he's not usually tired when he comes here..."

"Yeah... he always has so much energy..."

Is it because Minho's been taking him out so much?

Or is it the dreams? Is he not sleeping well?

Minho has told Jisung to wake him... if he ever gets up in the middle of the night... And they also agreed. The room should be locked.

Jisung proposed last week that Minho should tie his wrist to the bed. He must've seen it from Minho's drawings...

But Minho told him he could hurt himself. If he's trying to get out. So Minho cuffs Jisung to his wrist instead.

The key is on Minho's side. And if Jisung moves... Minho will be pulled. It can wake him up. Stop Jisung from leaving.

Nothing has happened. Yet. Jisung sleeps fine. Even if he does mention... that he's had a dream. He doesn't fully remember it.

Minho sighs. "I hope he doesn't wake up not knowing himself..."

Mrs. Hwang pats his arm. "We'll make sure he's fine."

- - -

- - - - - -

Minho chats with Mrs. Hwang for the next hour.

His phone rings. They're surprised. Because it's Jisung. They exchange a look. Then both stand up. Hurry to the room.

Grandma Hwang seems to have dozed off. Jisung's sitting on the bed. His eyes are puffy. He's holding the phone to his ear.

He sees Minho. His eyes widen in shock. He scrambles off the bed. Minho makes a gesture. To be quiet. He points to Grandma Hwang.

Jisung nods. Hugs him tightly.

Minho brings him out of the room. Mrs. Hwang closes the door.

"I'm sorry!" Jisung whispers. Frantically. "It's late. I didn't call you—"

"Shhh, it's okay, Jisung..."

"How did you come? Were you worried? I'm sorry!"

"I called him for you," Mrs. Hwang says.

She gently nudges the two. Out of the hallway.

"Everything's fine," Minho murmurs. "But, let's be quiet, okay?"

"Okay..." Jisung says. "I'm sorry..." 

"Jisung, how are you feeling?" Minho says. Sits him down on the couch. Touches his cheeks. They're slightly pink. "You're warm..."