chapter -1.8

They ate breakfast and sat together on the big sofa facing the TV. While Yibo was playing with Zhan's fingertips Zhan asked him seriously, "What are you going to do? You made a mess by running away from the wedding. "

"Zhanzhan , you want me to stay with that woman for the whole night?? I don't belive it okay ? How can I still do it when you're here. But actually I didn't make any mess. I wouldn't do anything either."

"It's not like that. Lusi is a good girl. She is understanding, you know. "

Yibo stared sullenly at Zhan.

"Is she better than me ?"

Zhan paused. Why did this guy turn the topic ?

"What?"

"I heard that she had a very gentlemanly boyfriend in the past."

"......."

Zhan didn't know how to answer for a while. So he choose not to answer and play dead. He can't refute this statement. He indeed was in a relationship.

Yibo saw how zhan went all speechless. Feeling guilty he rubbed Zhan's hair and said, "Why don't you tell me what you did all these years?"

"You should know that , why do you ask then? Didn't you hire someone to investigate me?"

They don't even know how they started to play catch the thief game with each other.
"That's of course different. I was curious."

"I'm very glad that you came back,  zhanzhan. Let's be together."

Right here, he confessed . All of a sudden. It's just his style, it's as unpredictable as him. Zhan can see through almost everyone but Yibo is one of the few he can't get through.

Then zhan looked at Yibo who's looking at him with those eyes filled with expectations. Almost looking like a puppy. This line of thought made Zhan want to laugh and tease this guy a little.

He poked the place between Yibo's eyebrows with his index finger as he pointed out, "Not yet."

Yibo's expression cracked. He starred at Zhan with shocked eyes which quickly turned into sadness and grief.

Zhan couldn't take it so he comforted the other , " what ? Why are you making a face like that ? Did someone die? Don't you call yourself a successful owner ? Then Why's your brain malfunctioning at this time?"

Yibo looked sad for a while and after thinking of something,  his eyes lit up. He looked at Zhan with undisguised joy and quickly jumped on him. "Oh I love you so much , Zhanzhan."

Zhan laughed as he hugged Yibo back.

That afternoon, Yibo received a call from his father. There's an urgent meeting. Not an official one but a private one where the family members will attend. So , he was called back to the main house.

Zhan adjusted the collar of Yibo's shirt as he gently said , "need me to accompany you?"

Yibo leaned over and kissed zhan on his forehead. "You want to come?"

Zhan hesitated for a moment. What he said just now...seemed a bit shameless. It's like meeting in laws... no , that's a very dangerous idea , he'd better just sit here and eat.

Seeing him in confusion,  Yibo understood.  So he said, "Don't worry. I've everything under control. I even know what they're going to tell me."

Yibo took out his phone,  scrolled for a while and then paused.  He clicked on the screen and showed the screen to Zhan. What's on the phone screen is a chat record. Yibo's and Lusi's,  well, it's 90 out ot 100 times it's Lusi who texted Yibo.

The last text from her was "all done." There was even a winking emoji.

"What ?" Zhan looked at Yibo and asked.

"You'll know later. Will you come with me?"

Go with him? No, not yet.

"No , you go first." Zhan said while pushing Yibo out of the house.

"Are you really not going to come with me?"

Zhan kneaded the space between his eyebrows for a while. What did he get himself into. Zhan shook his eyes and motioned him to leave.

Zhan watched as Yibo closed the door behind. Come to think of it, Yibo changed a lot but at the same time he didn't change. With things going like this,  will he be able to stay by his side?

Yibo didn't come home that day. In the evening he sent Zhan few texts that he's sorry that he can't be at home and that some problems emerged.

Zhan didn't think much. At this critical point, he knows how much busy Yibo is.

This happened continuously for almost three days. Three days later , When Zhan came home from studio, he saw a man laying on the living room sofa. This guy, Yibo worked himself till he was tired again. He wish he could help Yibo.

Zhan didn't bother with him , he put on a blanket on him and a pillow under his head. Then he went to shower and sleep. And that was the moment, he flinched.

His brain felt a shock wave and he passed out on bed.

Opening his eyes , all around he could see was black. The only noticeable thing is that , he was floating inside a capsule like cell. Inside the capsule there wasn't any kind of weird liquid but empty air, at least it felt like air.

Feeling confused , he thought,  'where the fck I ended up? Is this a dream?"

All of a sudden , Zhan heard a mechanical voice of a child say, "welcome back host!! Dumpling missed you uwu."

Zhan blinked. He thought he heard something, or rather a robotic voice.

"Host! You heard it right! I'm talking to you!"

Zhan widened his eyes as he stared at the empty black space outside the capsule. He felt a bit fearful.
"Who are you?"

"Uwu host you forgot your dumpling uwu. I'm your dear system and you're my dear host ah! We travelled through so many worlds together. Wait wait wait-"

Zhan silently stared at the empty space as he heard the 'dumpling' mumbling to itself.

"Did my formatting affect host?  Did host lose his memory?"
"Don't worry host! Your dumpling is powerful and fresh out of oven! I'll help you!"

Simply let me think it over If it's dream or not ? Zhan thought secretly.