chapter 1.6

The night fell. Angela left a while go because she was feeling bored. Since it was a bit late, Zhan also decided to head out. But who could've thought that someone will block his path.

"Xiao Zhan , I finally have the chance to see you!" Zhao Lusi lifted her dress and rushed over to give a hug. They spent over 8 years abroad, so giving a hug to a friend was pretty normal. Some even give kisses. Zhan thanked heaven that she didn't kiss him. Otherwise,  the one who would be in trouble is none other than zhan.

Lusi let go and observed him , making Zhan awkwardly step back. " You've gotten more handsome. Ah , if I didn't have a boyfriend I would surely run for you again."

Zhan eyed the person who was following behind lusi . He couldn't help clutching his hands hard.
"You must be kidding. How can I be better than Mr. Wang."

This comment was heard by yibo , causing him to raise a brow.

Lusi hit him on the shoulder. Grinning she said, " stop acting formally with me. Don't leave yet, there will be dance program later. My friends also came. Stay , who knows if you would meet your match here."

As she said this, she turned her head to Yibo who was stoic. She couldn't help showing an evil smirk. Zhan laughed awkwardly. He said, "Angela left. How can I selfishly join by myself?" It was unreasonable but he didn't want to join the dance as a single dog.

"You don't have to worry. Maybe someone is eyeing you for a while and can't wait to grab you. I'm just making a way for him." Lusi grinned with playful eyes. Suddenly, she felt her back burning. Taking it as a signal, she said to Zhan, " Whatever you do. Just don't leave now. I've to greet my friends, am going , enjoy."

She dragged her dress and ran away leaving zhan dumbfounded. Zhan bit his lips and stared straight at Yibo. Yibo came closer and grabbed Zhan's hand , dragging him to a corner, in a dead angle. Halfway there Zhan loosened his hand and inserted it back to his pocket with a slight smile. "Mr.Wang"

Yibo's eyes grew cold. He glanced at Zhan and threw a "follow me." Before turning away. Zhan didn't want to follow , but after seeing Yibo's expression he reluctantly followed.

When he reached where Yibo wanted to stand, He was straight away pinned by Yibo. Zhan didn't know how he managed to look calm but inside he was screaming.
"Zhan.."

"Have we reached the point where you don't even want to see me?"

Zhan took a breath before looking left and right.
"Yibo. Please mind your actions. Let go."

Yibo looked into Zhan's eyes."Why? Because I'm engaged to her?"

Zhan looked away , not daring to look at yibo. "Yibo, it has been 10 years. We were naive back then. Stop it."

"I don't want to marry her, Zhan. We are just helping each other. Believe me Zhan. How can I let go?"

Zhan's eyes widened as he looked at yibo. Both of their height were same. So it wasn't really difficult. He looked at Yibo in bewilderment.

"Yes, it's all just a play. She knows too.", yibo said softly. His tone  no longer cold.

"So, don't ignore me anymore, okay?" Yibo placed his head on the shoulder of zhan who stayed silent. It was too much for zhan. He should be happy.

Zhan didn't realise how he had always made a line between him and yibo . Before going abroad , he thought of the status. After going abroad , there was a huge distance and nearly forgot about him. After returning home, he thought of the marriage. He never thought, he had a chance.

Zhan placed his hand on Yibo's head , slowly stroking the soft hair. He remained silent but his action proved it all.

"I missed you like crazy. I thought you were coming back in 2 years...what happened?"

Yibo tentatively hugged Zhan and asked in a voice that no one can ignore. Zhan felt his heart was bumping against his chest. He was afraid yibo would hear it.

"Because of...Blueberry."

Yibo hummed and asked, " A friend liked to eat Blueberry. Who is it?"

Zhan wished he could hide somewhere but there's no escape. "Why are you like this?"

"You don't like me like this?"

"You think too much." Zhan answered.

"Zhan, you don't know just how many times I dreamed of you. But everytime i wanted to hold you , you would dissappear. You are not allowed to run away again."

"I came here , meaning I won't leave. I'm sorry. I thought it was just temporary feelings.."

Yibo pulled up his head and looked at zhan who avoided his stare, "Since the moment I saw you and chased you, I was sincere. It's okay, don't think about these messy things anymore.  It's alright now. Just give me few more days."

Zhan ridiculously smiled and just let yibo do whatever he wants. After hugging for a long time did yibo thought of letting go, but still held Zhan's hand, refusing to let go.

"Yibo, I'm leaving. Don't you have some business here?"

"What? Then let's leave together. " Yibo's lips curved up.

"You can't be serious Yibo."

"I'm serious. Wait, come with me."

Yibo dragged Zhan and stood on the open area. He whispered to zhan, "see that guy with Zhao Lusi? Yup, her boyfriend. Since she is going to leave anyway...if I don't leave then..."

Zhan laughed as he shook his head. Then he took Yibo's hand and walked towards the exit. After coming downstairs Zhan realised that his car was taken by Angela. Originally,  he was planning to take a cab back.

Seeing Zhan's nervousness,  Yibo softly asked, "Let's take my car."

Zhan readily nodded. The distance between the event place and Zhan's place  was a bit far. The car ride was full of silence as no one spoke. But it was comfortable instead of awkward.

But once Zhan gave him his address, Yibo who was driving steadily pulled break all of a sudden, giving Zhan a good scare.
"You....Live there?"

Yibo asked. Zhan wondered if Yibo knew his place. Zhan nodded and In response Yibo's eyes shone. If it wasn't because of the seat belt, zhan doubts if he would straight jump on him or not.

"What's wrong?" Zhan asked Yibo who started the car again.

"ZhanZhan...we are really fated huh"