chapter 1.5

That very night, Zhan who was lying upside down , was staring  at his phone. It was as if he had seen a ghost. His palm was sweating badly. He couldn't calm down no matter what.

On the screen, he had received texts from an unknown number.
"You are so good at running away, Zhan."

After 5 minutes,  there was another text.
"If I didn't figure out myself, were you going to continue running away?"

Another 5 minutes later,
"Zhan.."

Zhan was 90% sure who this person is but he learned to never put his hope high. So he hesitantly asked, "Who are you?"

The other person didn't reply for a while.
"Who do you think?"

Zhan's fingers were shaking as he tried to type. But he typed and deleted , typed snd deleted. This went on for 10 minutes. Then he gulped a whole glass of water before trying to write back.

He was biting his lips hard, "...Wang Yibo...is that you?",

The other side didn't reply for another 5 minutes.
"Zhan..."

Zhan looked at the reply. He didn't know if it was his illusion. He can hear a 15 year old's voice calling his name fondly.  Zhan felt his ear itching, "How..are you doing ?"

Zhan waited for Yibo's reply with complex emotion. But who could have known the always straightforward Yibo would call him instead. Zhan's heart jumped at the sudden call. His eyes shone bright lights as he accepted the call.

He didn't talk and the other side voiced out first,
"It's been 10 years."

Zhan heard Yibo's raspy voice and couldn't help gulping."Yes, It has been a long time."

"Today , was it really a coincidence?" Yibo asked.

Zhan panicked,  "No. Ms.Zhao and I knew each other. I didn't know her identity before that...and I couldn't refuse her.."

He heard Yibo's soft chuckle from the other side and couldn't help feeling embarrassed. " Why couldn't you refuse her?" This time Yibo's tone softened a lot.

"I was left with no choice." Zhan calmed himself down. He didn't want to make a fool of himself.

"Oh." Yibo stayed silent for a while before saying, "  Don't you want to ask anything?"

Zhan's eyes widened . Then without much consideration he said quickly, "What do you want me to ask, Mr.wang? I still haven't gotten the report from Angela,  so I couldn't find any faults."

Yibo sat down holding the phone . He just came our of the shower with only a towel covering his lower part. His heart was beating fast as he chatted with the person he longed for.

When he heard Zhan's dodging reply , He couldn't  help laughing. His heart was warm, "Were the berries prepared for me?"

"Yes"

"Thank you." Yibo smiled as he said gently. "Are you really not going to ask?"

"I don't know what Mr.Wang is talking about. It's getting late. Rest early." With that zhan cut of the call.

Yibo who still had an unusual smile glued to his face , was stunned. He was hung up on his face. Yibo shook his head as he caressed his forehead. His shoulder were shaking and he laughed out loud. He finally found him.

After the conversation with Yibo, Zhan couldn't concentrate on his work the next day , causing him to work overtime. The pressure is great. The engagement party is only a few days away. And thinking about the event , he can't help but feel a bit of pain. He should just stop his wishful thinking.

With that thought, zhan completely threw himself into work once again. He didn't look at his phone except for important calls. Yibo tried to reach Zhan again the other two days but he failed each and every time , causing him to feel annoyed.

After three days, he left his office early. Going into a desert shop, he brought chocolates and drove straight to Blueberry.  Then what happened?  Zhan wasn't in the studio ! He and his assistant both left to buy important material for the event.

Yibo couldn't help thinking, is zhan purposely trying to ignore him ?

And for the remaining days,  no matter how Yibo tried, he couldn't even see the shadow of zhan. His mood also worsened.  When lusi came to visit him,  she only received death glares. For the 60th time , she was confused. If Yibo was an easy going person she would really say, "are you pregnant?"

In a blink of an eye, the day of the engagement party came. The place was an open space on one of the highest buildings. The gate was decorated with colourful flowers and ribbons. As well as the stage , chair and table everything is ready as planned.  One side was bar while the other side is the entertainment zone.   

Yibo stood gloomily infront of the mirror with his dad sending glares at him from the back. Yibo remained silent with a deadpan face. He wasn't allowed to get out until the ceremony begins.

Yibo murmured between his breath, "just a few days more."

This event will last till late evening. And it was only afternoon. After half an hour , the ceremony will begin.  There weren't many people. Both lusi and Yibo's family and a few important people. No reporters were invited.

Zhan wore a white suit, standing at the corner with Angela beside him who was in black. At first glance, both of them looked perfect couple. Why not? Both of their appearances are top notch.

Zhan's expression was blank. He really didn't want to come here to attend this banquet. But he didn't want to make it obvious.

After half an hour, Yibo and lusi walked out. Zhan straightened his back. He couldn't help but be enchanted by Yibo's appearance. Seeing zhan getting distracted , Angela tapped on his shoulder asking if he was alright.

Zhan nodded absentmindedly.

Angela couldn't take it anymore, "what? Yes, she is beautiful but  tbh she is not a match for you. Don't be sad ah. You will find someone better than her."

Zhan didn't know if he should laugh or cry. Angela misunderstood him all the way, "That's not it, sister. Do you remember....the friend I talked about in the past?"

Angela nodded and looked questioningly at Zhan.

"He is Wang Yibo." Zhan sighed.

Angela's eyes widened. She pointed at Yibo who stood on the stage. Zhan nodded. He was embarrassed.  He didn't notice that this action was caught by Yibo.

"Then...isn't he too irresponsible!? He didn't even bother to meet up with his best friend! What kind of friend is he? Little zhan,  remember to make friends with the right people."

Zhan : ........