Brookes Turning Point

"I haven't been to a full Pyramid in a hot minute" I say skipping into the den with my friends.

"Heh, the ones I've been to I'm always on the bottom" Kendall laughs.

"Don't worry Kendall! Miss Abby only is doing that because of 'Probation'" I say using air quotes. "Not because of your dancing"

"Yeah" She shrugs.

"Girls! Lets go, get in here!" Miss Abby calls us in.

"Girls let's go" Chloe mocks in a low voice.

"Let's have a round of applause" Miss Abby starts clapping.

"Wooo!" I clap in the air.

"I think we made apple sauce, don't you?" Miss Abby asks and we all laugh.

"Now the group one, they one the overall, but you know what? That was one competition. For this week, we are going to Star bound in New Jersey."

"Alright, on the bottom. Nia. Simply because of the mistake in the choreography. And that dance was easy, its simple"

"Next I have, Kendall. You need to learn to read music, and you need to learn to hear the music. I'm gonna keep her on probation. Until I hand her that jacket, she is still proving herself"

"Next, Paige. I've seen you do the press better. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, I thought you did a nice job"

"Next, Mackenzie. This week you are not in the group, you are going to do a solo."

"Alright, next I have Maddie."

Maddie and I look at each other a little confused.

"You were in the winning group, and did it well, Why do you think you aren't on the top?"

Maddie shrugs.

"I want you to stop resting on your laurels. I want you to keep improving for the next 25 years, not for one competition. Do you understand?"

"Next, Chloe. You didn't do a solo but you were great in the group. People know you from the music video now but I want them to know you for your dancing, understood?"

"And moving on, we have Hadley. Your face in the group was amazing, your attitude was very entertaining, you will be doing a solo this weekend. And you will be competing 8-10. Different age category".

"And on top of the pyramid this week is Brooke. You went out there, you proved yourself, I mean you went from last to first in one week"

Brooke

Hadley Chloe Maddie

Mackenzie Paige Kendall Nia

"Mackenzie, you are doing a routine called my parade and its all about you kiddo, you are gonna march out there like your the leader of a big parade"

"Maddie, this week you are going to be doing a jazz routine to lights camera action"

"Hadley, you are doing a musical theater routine to 'I Wanna Be a Rockette" Miss Abby says. My face lights up and I smile at mom.

"Chloe" Miss Abby starts and Chloe starts dancing happily. "You are doing a lyrical dance to don't catch me"

"Chloe's so happy she's having a lyrical solo" Maddie laughs.

"Now the group dance that everyone is in except Mackenzie is 'Born to Dance'. And its about a child being born. There's a little mystery to it also. Brooke you will be featured in the dance, you should be the glue that holds this team together. Not these two over here" Miss Abby looks at Maddie and I.