Stealing the Show

"Hadley! That's not how you dance" Paige yells laughing taking her shoes off as I danced goofily in the den.

"How do I dance? Like this?" I make a stupid face and pump my arms.

"Hahahah!" The team laughed.

"Girls, lets go!" Miss Abby called us in.

"Lets talk about Star bound Competition. Can we have a round of applause? Woo-hoo!"

I look at Chloe and clap at her as she does the same to me.

"Okay so Brooke, you blew them away. The people sitting around me were in awe, when you did your handstand twist. But why all the drama, with the hip?"

"If you are seriously injured, you don't need to go to your mother and get everybody worked up. You come to me and that needs to be clear, yes?"

"I want to talk about this weeks competition." Miss Abby turns the bored around.

Brooke

Hadley Maddie Chloe

Nia Paige Mia Mackenzie Vivi-Anne

"Now do you notice somebody new on top? Brooke because of your performance. You worked through an injury. you did what you had to do. You were a team player"

"You are getting a solo this weekend"

"Alright, Chloe, Hadley, Maddie, you are getting solos this weekend. What am I gonna do with you bottom four? You need to get into class and start working on your technique. And you know what? Since we are in Pittsburg this weekend, I'm gonna give every single one of you a solo"

I clap for them along with the moms. Mia was getting a solo!

"Mom's its gonna be a busy week. I expect you to be amazing. Do you understand? Yes? Sit up straight. Ladies lets go. I'm going to start with Hadley" Miss Abby claps her hands.

My face lights up and I look at mom.

"All right lets go." All the girls and moms leave studio A.

"So the name of one of your solos is Mistakes. Its a number about a little girl and she died."

My face drops. That sounds very serious. And first?

"She is on her way to heaven but keeps getting reminded of that bad grade on a test, the girl she made fun of last year, the fight with her parents, and I need to see all that on stage. Yes?"

I nod my head.

"Alright. So you start on the floor turned away, kick your leg very lightly then roll over. Turn Jete! Do not drag your heel!" She yells.

"Ok how was that?" Miss Abby asks me.

"I love it" I say out of breath.

"Ok your other solo is a tap solo called, Little Girl."

"I'm doing two?" I ask softly.

"It's from your tap privates not in general, sweetie"

Rehearsal was over for the day and mom and I were walking out. "Hey Mary." Miss Abby says from behind the front desk.

"Hm?"

"I'm going to give her a private for her tap solo tomorrow, kay? 10 am?"

"Yeah!" I say smiling.

"All right, have a good night" Mom waves

"You too"

***