A Broadway Audition

"I want to talk about this upcoming weekend. We are going to Star power, you know that's one of the toughest competitions out there. This is what's going to happen next weekend. Maddie new solo. Brooke, new solo. Chloe's new solo.

"Hadley. You will be learning the group number but you will not be traveling with us. Yes?"

I nod my head. I had my audition from Caesar coming up this week, I'm so excited.

"We are doing a group dance called 'Where have all the children gone'. You've all seen the children's faces on the milk cartons. It's contemporary, it's mature, and it is very dark. You have to be great actresses to pull it off"

"Mom's I'm going to dismiss you now. Girls, up. Let's get moving. Let's get moving"

"Your audition in New York is Tuesday!?" Maddie asks, shocked.

"Yeah, I'm not nervous though. I'm just really excited" I shrug.

"I'll miss you, you're leaving me for bigger and better things" She dramatically rolls her eyes.

To annoy her I do the 'Maddie Face' and go to my spot.

"Ok let's get started" Miss Abby starts rehearsal.

"Come here. You're dancing and doing steps. You're trying to listen to the words. You're not interpreting the story correctly. And this is very serious because people in the audience might have a missing child, so this has to be a very serious routine. We need to perform."

***

"Hey Ab" Mom starts as we walk to the front desk.

"Hello. How are you"

"I'm doing good, how about you?"

"I'm good thanks, what's going on?"

"She has to fly out tonight, so she will not be here tomorrow either" Mom explains.

"I wish you were competing as a regional kid. But when opportunity comes knocking, you say hello so, call me as soon as you land. Are you taking her?"

Mom shakes her head. "I can't leave work, so Melissa is taking her and I'm watching Kenzie and Mad's"

"Just switching kids," Abby laughs. Mom laughs and nods her head.

"Alright, we're ready to go!" Melissa exclaims walking into the lobby.

"Melissa, call me when you land, okay? Have fun honey." Miss Abby tells me.

We walked to the parking lot and saw the cars were taking us to the airport.

"I'm gonna miss you" I hug her tightly, crying.

"Don't cry. You're going with Melissa! You like her more than me! You're gonna have so much fun and you can eat ice cream and show off how talented you are. Yeah? Have fun baby, I love you" Mom hugs me.

"Bye bye" I wave.

"See ya Mary" Melissa hugs her shortly.

We get into the car. "Ok, now I'm a little scared"

"I'll be with you the whole time sweetie, don't be scared"

***

Melissa and I walked into the huge hotel, the producers were there of course.

"I've never been in a place this big before" I shrug.

"Oh look over there, kay lets check in so you can get ready" She points at the desk. Melissa signs in and we go to the room.