Return of Special Faces

I'm coming home to Pittsburgh today! I was only a few minutes away and I was super excited for my special entrance for the pyramid.

"Hadley grab your bag and head on in, ok?" Mom says pulling into a parking spot.

"Ok" I skip happily inside, actually happy to be in snow again.

"Girls, let's go, come on!" I heard from Studio A. It was starting, I still had to change into my dance wear. I hurried to the bathroom and put my jazz shoes and everything on.

"Hadley, you in there honey?" Mom knocks on the door.

"Yes" I responded walking out.

"Ok, I'll pop my head in the door just to make sure we can come in. Ok?" Mom says.

"I don't want any talking between the mothers, you are all on the same team, and we're all going to take a big bite out of that apple in Ohio. Now before we start the pyramid, I think somebody's missing from here?" I hear Miss Abby say in a sneaky voice.

I haven't seen the girls in months, I can't wait!

"Who do you think it is?" Miss Abby asks.

Brooke raised her hand. "Hadley"

"Yes!" Kenzie jumps, with Maddie and Chloe.

"Come on in!" Miss Abby yells, as I open the door.

"Ahhhh!!" The girls run and hug me, Kenzie jumps onto me.

"I missed you so much!" Maddie exclaims pushing people out of the way so she could hug me the most.

"I missed you guys more" I responded, hugging everyone.

"Ladies, back in line. Hey!" Miss Abby yells as I follow them. I turn around with a smile. "What! You're just gonna walk right by me!?" She jokes. I run up and hug her.

"Alright, get over there" I skip over standing up. Why aren't we sitting anymore? Also there was a new girl and a new mom.

"Let's start on the pyramid, on the bottom. Kendall" She revealed the new girl's picture. "You're on probation, which means I am watching you like a Hawk"

"Mackenzie. I keep giving you little parts, your dancing is not up to where the rest of the girls are, when Maddie was seven, she could've done the choreography" Abby says. Maddie rolls her eyes.

"Brooke" Miss Abby starts.

How am I ahead of Brooke and Kenzie? I wasn't even here.

"You did well in the number but the crying and the hysteria, that's not a young adult"

"Paige, you did a nice job this weekend. Then on the bus ride home we told you to sit down 32 times, I counted. That's 31 too many"

"Every single one of them were playing-" Kelly argues.

"That doesn't make it right!" Miss Abby yells back.

"Then yell at them too!" Kelly yells.

"Nia, I left you here in the same spot you were in last week, maybe somebody from Nia's family could show up at the competition and watch her and clap for her."

"Next we have Chloe. Chloe, you did a great job"

"Moving on, Maddie. You did a great job, I've seen you dance better.

I bite my bottom lip and squeeze my friend's hands.

"And our new superstar. Drum roll please!!" Miss Abby yells as we tap our feet into the floor. She reveals my headshot and the girls tackle me with a hug.