✿ ❀36✿ ❀

↫↫↫↫↫

↫↫↫↫↫

The next morning after Lloyd's victory, you and the other remaining elementals — and Garmadon were sat at a table, a weird array of foods placed on its surface. The wooden piece of furniture was in the shape of a half-circle, and in front of all of you, sat Chen on his throne/chair with Clouse by his side, like always.

"Try the horned wasp eggs. Delicious!" You couldn't help but cringe at the guy's loud and obnoxious voice booming as he let out a short laugh. The white faced ladies walked around with the said barf worth food and more, also disgusting cooking. Lloyd scrunched up his face at the smell, leaning his body back slightly he shook his head no. "I think I'll pass.."

You had your head buried in your palms, elbows on the table with your empty plate pushed forward and away from you. Oh, how grateful you were that food wasn't something you had to consume to live another day.

The green ninja followed the leaving Kabuki with his eyes, before turning to your hunched figure. In worry, Lloyd's lips twitched as he put a hand on your shoulder, "You okay?" The question left his throat quietly, by now he should be used to asking you such, but the words still came out murmured and hesitant.

Once, these problems didn't exist, even early on when you two just met, the sentence slid easily off his tongue. Now after nearly a year of your absence in his life, along with the strange feeling that settles in his stomach whenever you're around made him want to run for the hills. With every contact the both of you make, he wanted to shy away as it makes his heart race, all the damn time.

"Of course I'm alright." A chuckle pushed passed your lips, after you answered his question. The blond's hand left your shoulder to rest on the table surface, his pupils kept darting from the table to the side of your face, watching the upwards twitch of your lips.

Maybe it went unnoticed to you the way Lloyd gazed at you, but Garmadon noticed. The former warlord knew that look very well, almost to well. The sight reminded him of the old days, when he was much younger, and his son was basically an carbon copy of himself, just with blond hair.

You hid your face impossibly further in your palms when Chen's voice filled your ears, "Oh, lighten up, Green Ninja. This isn't a trick." He rolled his eyes, "This is a feast to celebrate the nine of you making it to the second round." The organizer of the tournament continued, waving his hand in circles in the air.

He made it hard not to curse him into oblivion, you bit your tongue and rolled it in between your teeth to resist the urge to bark back something at the coward.

"You can relax, Lloyd. Even if there was a fight, now that we told the others about Chen's dirty plot to steal our Powers, we're safe in our secret alliance." Kai sighed, his arms crossed idly on his chest.