New Lover | Joseph Quinn

It was date night with Joe and you. He kept it a surprise where he was taking you. It was exciting with it being your first date in a few years. You knew Joe for a while, and both liked each other from the first meeting but with Joe's schedule being busy, he had finally asked you on a date.

"Wear that black dress I love. The one you wore when I first met you." He text you. You sat there, smiling hard after your shower reading that text. You knew which dress it was as you remember he couldn't stop eyeing you the whole evening.

"I will, don't you worry." You replied back. You laid back on the bed, daydreaming of Joe, getting butterflies in your stomach.

Continuing to get ready, you dried and styled your hair, going with an half up, half down look. You did your makeup and picked out jewellery. Unravelling the towel from your body, you walked over to your wardrobe and picked out the black dress. You loved how good it looked on you.

Joe got an Uber to your house to pick you up and for it to take you to the place.
He sent a text to say he was on his way.

About 15 minutes go by and you spot the Uber outside your house and Joe running up to your front door.

You grabbed your things and answered the door. "Hello pretty." He greeted you. "Hello, my love." You linked your arm with his and walked to the car. "You excited for this evening?" He wondered. "Yes! Do I get a hint or..." You tried your hardest to find out some information. "Nope, no hints allowed. You have to wait and see." Joe teased. The journey wasn't long and you finally figured out where the date was taking place.

"You told me you wanted to see a performance of a show, so I thought I'd take you to one, followed by dinner." You smiled hard at the fact he remembers small details about you. "I don't know what to say.. thank you!" Joe saw how much your face lit up with excitement, making him happy.

Joe had free access to the show, allowing you both to enter the theatre and be seated close to the stage. You were really looking forward to the evening.
While waiting for the show to start, Joe told you what it was about. He explained in not too much detail as he didn't want to spoil it, but enough to go by.

The lights went down and the performance started.

"That was amazing that show! They were all so good!" You started the conversation as you both left the building. "Oh it was great, wasn't it? I take it you enjoyed your time?" He bit his lip in anticipation, waiting for your answer. "Yeah, I'd love to see another show one day."

The restaurant was only a short walk away from the theatre, so you both took a stroll, hand in hand. A few fans saw Joe and took photos of the pair of you. It was the first time this had happened to you so you didn't know how to react.

You squeezed Joe's hand to gain his focus on you. He could tell by the look on your face you were uncomfortable, to which he didn't stop for photos and just simply waved at them.

"You feeling ok? Is it too overwhelming for you?" He whispered down to you. "I'm ok, it is a little though." He gave a reassuring smile and pointed out the restaurant is in sight. You gave a sigh of relief. Fans continued to pester Joe.

"I know you guys mean well, but can we have a little bit of privacy please? Thank you." Joe kindly told them. He gave them a smile before you both headed inside the restaurant.

Thankfully, Joe made the reservation as the restaurant was busy. You were seated fairly quickly. "I feel awful after the walk down here." You felt guilty. "Don't my darling. I wanted to make sure you felt ok. I know it can be hard at times." Joe rubbed his thumb on your hand followed by a cheeky smile.

The orders was taken and drinks were brought to the table. "You have beautiful eyes." You told him. "Thank you. So are yours." He flirted back. He leaned his arms on the table, closer to you. "I have a question for you." Joe stated. "Oh no, should I be worried." You laughed. "What is one thing you like about me?" His smile was big and warm. He was curious to know your answer.