Bundle of Joy.. Pt 2| Joseph Quinn

Part 2 requested by prettylittlelairs-AD
Read previous chapter first if you haven't already before reading this one!

"Joe, please pinch me. This can't be real, can it?" You both were sat on the bathroom floor, taking in this beautiful moment together. "I can't believe it myself." Joe said, still reading the pregnancy test. His finger constantly going over the little screen that read Pregnant. You looked at him, taking your thumb to remove the tears that were slowly rolling down his cheeks.

He couldn't stop smiling. This was the first time you've seen him this happy since the moment you said yes to your first date with him.

"I'm gonna take care of you, protect you and baby. No matter what, you just call me. Even if I'm working and it's like 2am and you want whatever mad cravings you get." Before you could even speak, he attached his lips to yours. You placed your forehead so it was resting against his. "I love you always Joe."

After all the excitement, you headed to bed and rested while Joe put the shopping away. He wouldn't allow you to do anything apart from chill in bed. Even if you tried refusing his offer, he wouldn't take no for an answer.

Your brain was telling you to take a nap but with all the excitement, you couldn't focus on anything. Joe came into the bedroom after sorting things out and laid with you.

"Who do we tell first?" You asked him. "Why don't we invite family and friends for a little party and tell them all then?"  "So have a surprise party for them? I love that idea!" He laughed and kissed your head, concentrating on whatever was on TV.

"Would you like me to get you anything? Run you a bath? Grabs snacks?" Joe felt obligated to do so. "Stop pestering me! I'm fine. I'm only a couple weeks pregnant, darling." You chuckled as he felt the need to pamper you. "I can't help it, I just wanna look after you both." He acted all shy. "You always will, but calm down, I'll tell you if I need help." You playfully nudged his arm which resulted in Joe gasping and tickling you as payback.

- - -

The following day, you rang the doctors up to make an appointment. Thankfully you had the appointment the same day so you and Joe made your way there.

The one thing you were dreading was the taking bloods part. You always hated having it done and felt scared whenever you needed one.

"Ok Y/N, I just need to take bloods from you just to check everything is fine." The nurse said, preparing the things she needed. Your hand grabbed tightly onto Joe's while your leg started bouncing with nerves.

"Sweetheart, are you ok? You've gone really pale." Joe asked concerned. The nurse overheard and turned her attention to you. "Y/N, are you alright?" Your heart beating ever so fast. A single tear drip making a track down your cheek. "Darling, talk to us." He shook your leg trying to get your attention.

"I can't do it. I can't." You buried your head into Joe, hoping to feel safe. "Do what, Y/N?" The nurse asked. "Do you not like needles or having blood taken, my love?" You shook your head to Joe's question. "You're safe Y/N. I'm here with you. You've nothing to be scared of." You wanted to believe Joe but the fear took over body.

"Y/N, I know you hate it but I need to do it. I promise it'll be over quick." You know you had to but your anxiety couldn't take it, so you staying in Joe's arms, silent. "Darling? Will you do it for me?"Joe asked. "I'll be right here, I'll hold your hand." He continued. You lifted yourself up and nodded in agreement. Your face red from the lack of oxygen you received with your head buried. Joe's shirt covered in wet patches.

The nurse got her things ready and placed the band around your arm to make veins pop up. You squeezed Joe's hand, preparing for the next part. "It's alright. Just look at me baby."