You're Safe Now | Joseph Quinn

TW - Abuse⚠️

You were in a relationship with a partner who was abusive. You lost all friends because of him so you were trapped. Everyday he'd cause harm and scream and shout over nothing, leaving you scared for your life.

There would be some days where he wouldn't lose his temper, but most of the time he would.

One Friday evening, he told you to get dressed as he was taking you to a club. You hated when he drank because he was worse than usual. Entering the club, it was a little quiet but still a fair few people there. He told you to find a table and he'd get the drinks.

You found a table next to two gentlemen, their gaze fell on you and they gave you a welcoming smile. You flaunted a fake smile back.

"Here's your drink, now have it." Your partner demanded. His attitude had gotten worse as he noticed you smiled at the gentleman. You didn't want to drink but knowing the result if you didn't, you forced yourself to have a sip. There was no conversation between you both. Just silence, listening to other people's conversations.

You would randomly look towards the gentlemen who still seemed to be focused on you. You kept the fake smile whenever looking at them.

"You're with me, not them. Stop acting like a whore, you stupid bitch." He slammed his fist on the table, alerting people. The fact he shouted that too was embarrassing for you. You eyes looked down to the ground, hiding your face from those who stared longer. He took his hand and slapped your face. "You look at me when I talk to you. Do you understand?" You nodded as a response, too scared to speak.

One of the gentlemen stood up and found a security guard who interfered.

"You need to leave this lady alone. We've had several complaints in the last few minutes on your behaviour and abuse to this lady." The security man told him.

"She's my partner, she stays with me." He grabbed hold of your wrists tightly, unable to free yourself. You flinched as he tried dragging you at the club. The security man and other people forced him to let his grip go as they tackled him to the ground. Tears falling from your face as you were terrified.

"Come with me, darling." One of the gentleman took your hand and got you out the situation. The other gentleman followed behind.

"Bring her back now. I'll beat the shit out of you all!" Your partner shouted, losing his temper. Police came rushing by, taking over the situation.

After getting to a safe spot, the boys sat you down. Losing all control, you broke down hiding your face with your hands.

"I'll go get her some water, Joe." One of them spoke. Leaving you with the gentleman called Joe. "You're safe now, darling." He gently removed your hands from your face, seeing your red puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks. He had a calming face, gorgeous brown eyes and a smile that could fix a broken heart.

"Is he your partner?" Joe asked. "Y-yes." You stuttered. The other gentleman returned with some water, placing the glass in your shaking hands. "It's alright, I've got it. Have little sips for me." Joe took the glass from your hands and let you take a drink while he held it. "This is Wesley. And I'm Joe. You can trust us, ok?" You nodded. "Can you tell us your name?" Wesley asked. "My name is Y/N."

"What a beautiful name." Joe smiled.

Some police officers came and found you, wanting to ask some questions. Wesley left you with Joe and the officers to go see what was happening with your partner.

"How long have you been with him?" They asked you. "About 10 months." You answered. Looking down at the ground again, feeling embarrassed to even have a relationship with such a human. "Has he been abusive to you before?" You started crying again as you nodded, refusing to answer with words. Joe held onto your hand as comfort. "How long has it been going on for?" You didn't want to answer. Not wanting to bring up awful memories, you tried so hard to forget. "Y/N, it's ok. We aren't gonna hurt you." You felt comfortable around Joe, even though you just met him. "Since we first got together. I lost all my friends because of him. I've had nobody to go to. I just had to deal with the pain he caused me."

The officers decided they won't bother you for a while. "Well we've been wanting him for a while now, for other serious crimes he's committed. So I don't think you'll be seeing him for a while. Thanks for you time Y/N. We'll be in touch." And off they went.

Silence fell between you and Joe. Neither of you knowing what to do or say.

"I'm sorry you got involved and sorry for ruining your night. I should go. I know you'd have better plans than watching me mope around." You stood up about to walk away from Joe.
"Y/N I'm not leaving you on your own. You need somebody with you." Joe insisted on staying with you.

"I'll be fine." You lied to him. "I'm not taking no as an answer. Come back to mine. You'll be safer there." He took hold of your hand again. You looked into his eyes, seeing how bad he felt. "Ok." Was all you responded.

Wesley messaged Joe saying he'd gone home and they'd catch up another time. Leaving the club, Joe had his arm around you, making you feel protected. It wasn't a far distance to walk, thankfully.

"You ok, darling?" He'd ask you every now and then. "I'm better than I was earlier." He unlocked the door and brought you inside. He gestured you to sit in the sofa  to which you did. "Would you like a cup of tea, or coffee? Or anything?" "Tea sounds nice, thank you."

He made two teas and joined you on the sofa. "Do you want to talk about it all? I'm a good listener." He tried making conversation. "There's not much to talk about apart from how worthless I am and how I probably deserved it all."

"Don't doubt yourself Y/N. You're beautiful and a nice person. You've had to deal with something so awful by yourself. You're not worthless, you're strong and amazing." It had been a while since anyone said anything nice to you, resulting in your crying again. "You never deserved a single thing that man has put you through. But I promise you, you're safe now. I've got you." He placed both cups down and brought you in for a cuddle. You sobbed into his shirt, leaving little puddles of tears to soak up. He kissed your head and gave a little squeeze. He pulled a blanket over you and turned the tv on as a distraction.

"You're safe, I promise." He whispered.

A/N

Sooooo, I made another story of Eddie Munson. 2 chapters are out already with another on the way soon. I'm sure you guys will love it!

Any requests, just let me know!

Have a great day/ evening <3