51- The Second Task

The friend group seemed to have gotten more awkward. Emilia and Miles didn't even sit together anymore, George was the one sitting with her now as Fred sat with Miles. Adrian and Y/n found it quite strange but Graham had told them what had happened that night.

"Did you see what Rita wrote about Hagrid?" asked George as the six of them walked out of class. Charlotte came running down the halls into Miles arms as he greeted her with a kiss. Y/n gave Emilia a look as they continue to walk.

  "Hey girlies! I actually came to speak with the two of you!" said Charlotte walking in front of Emilia and Y/n. Miles raised his eyebrow. The girls looked back at her surprised as Adrian made a noise. "Oh come on! It'll be fast!"

  "What exactly is it, Charlotte?" asked Y/n as she pulled her, Emilia and Miles away from the others. Emilia was rather good at hiding her anger but Y/n could tell her bestfriend was thinking about murder. Miles could tell as well, Y/n noticed he would often look back at Emilia. Charlotte pulled them into the cold February air as they sat on a bench in the court yard.

  "Well I know the two of you really don't fancy me around but I want to change that." said Charlotte. Y/n gave Miles a glance. He rubbed his neck awkwardly as he stared down at Charlotte.

  "Oh, we don't have a problem with you being around." said Y/n, shrugging. Charlotte smiled. Charlotte looked over at Emilia who was glaring at her.

  "Oh come E, I know you're still mad at me from what happened in the past but if Miles could forgive me, you can too!" said Charlotte. Emilia narrowed her eyebrows. "Oh come on! You remember we use to talk about the boys all the time, you and Cedric and i'll tell you about Miles and I."

  "Yeah well that was before you cheated on Miles and then you KNEW that Angelina and Cedric were messing around together so forgive me if it takes longer to forgive you." said Emilia narrowing her eyebrows. Y/n covered her mouth and looked at Miles who was cringing at the sight of this. "Then you made Miles look like more of an idiot when you—"

  "Yes! I understand that, Emilia." said Charlotte cutting her off. Emilia rolled her eyes as she looked at Y/n who was still rather in shook. "You forgave Angelina and Cedric, why can't you forgive me?"

  "Because they hurt me, not my bestfriend." said Emilia rather angrily. Miles softened his look at her. "No you know what Charlotte, I forgive you. Miles isnt my friend anymore so whatever happens to him, happens."

  "Emilia." said Y/n. Miles face went stern again as he looked away.

  "I— You guys will make up soon, you two always do. But really?! You do!?" said Charlotte. Emilia nodded. Charlotte looked at Miles and smiled as he gave her a fake one in return, Charlotte pulled the girls into a tight hug. "Friends!"

  "Friends!" said the girls sarcastically as they looked at one another. Miles looked down at his feet as he felt Y/n staring at him.

  "So! Y/n how are you and Adrian! Tell me all about your relationship." said Charlotte as they sat back down. Y/n gave her a half smile.

  "Well..uh were good, we'll make a year in May." said Y/n awkwardly nodding. Emilia looked down at her feet. "How about you and Miles?!"

  "Oh we're great! Right, baby?" said Charlotte grabbing Miles face as he smiled. Y/n and Emilia turned to look at each other.

  "Oh really do you guys never fight or anything?" asked Y/n. Emilia seemed curious in the answer. If he treated her the way he did because of Charlotte, she wondered how it was going for them.

  "Oh merlin no! We don't fight, we've never fought actually, he's always treated me so good." said Charlotte, smiling. Y/n raised her eyes and turned to look at him. Miles looked away as he felt both the girls stare at him.