Acknowledgements

So, that's the end of Where our demons hide. I hope you've enjoyed it. 

This isn't the end of the story of course. There is going to be a sequel.

Anyways, this story has been inspired by many different things and different books. I wanted this to be a mixture of some of my favourite books. 

So, the story was inspired by a book called All of us Villains. I didn't really like this story and I thought that I could write it better. So, I did. 

This book was mostly inspired by The Hunger Games and the Six of Crows duology. Specifically, the plot of The Hunger Games with the characters from Six of Crows. Here's the characters from Six of Crows and my personal counterparts:

Kaz Brekker- The leader of the crows. He's cold, sarcastic but also extremely intelligent. He is the one who makes up most of the plans and leads the group. He also has a limp and walks with a cane.

Kaz's counterpart- Kaiden Lynch. Kaiden is the leader of the Champions. He starts out very cold and sarcastic but slowly begins to soften as he falls in love with Finley. He is also very intelligent and is good at coming up with plans. He can be very stubborn and this can lead to him fighting with the other Champions quite often. His accident with the cliff was inspired by Kaz's disability. 

Inej Ghafa- Inej is known as the wraith. She is very athletic and also quite intelligent. Her chosen weapon is a knife, which she is very adept with. She is also excellent at climbing.

Inej's counterpart- Reina Madriga. Reina is rather quiet but she is very intelligent. She doesn't join in with the rebellion as she doesn't think that she is very good at fighting. Like Inej I believe that she doesn't like killing people and this is one of the reasons why she opted to stay away from the fight. 

Nina Zenik- Nina is the flirtatious one of the Crows. She is very proud of herself and has no self doubts at all. She does argue a lot with Kaz.

Nina's counterpart- Cadence Castel. Cadence is very proud of herself and starts out as a very unlikeable character. She doesn't get along with the other Champions at first and she takes a while to grow and change. Cadence does argue with Kaiden a little in the story as well. She does of course, grow to care for him in the end. 

Matthias Helvar- Matthias is the strongman of the Crows. He is a very loyal person who will do anything for those he loves. At first, he is hesitant to join the Crows and does not want to be involved with their plans.

Matthias' counterpart- Adrielle Madriga. Adrielle is hesitant to join up with Corey and so she decides to play the Ceremony alone. However she never backs down from a fight and is always willing to stand up for what she believes in. She does argue with Kaiden on several ocassions and, like Matthias with Kaz, she takes a while to trust him.

Jesper Fahey- Jesper is great with guns and he is also the comedian of the group. One of my favourite characters in the book, I enjoy his humourous side and he does make the reader laugh on several ocassions. He does however make mistakes and can be a little impulsive.

Jesper's counterpart- Raven Lynch. Raven is a little comedic and can sometimes be a little impulsive. Of course, we know that Raven is responsible for Roberts' killing the dictator. He does try to come up with plans but he is considered too reckless for his ideas to be useful.

Wylan Van Eck/ Wylan Hendriks- Wylan is the brains of the group. He is very quiet at first and doesn't fit in with the other Crows. He is someone who comes from a well-off background and he struggles to fit in with the other Crows. He does eventually form a strong relationship with all of them. 

Wylan's counterpart- Finley Castel. Finley is very intelligent and even though he is portrayed as being rather weak, he is very smart. He does stand up for himself a little but he doesn't argue too much with most people. He is the sort of baby of the group as he is a little weak compared to the others. 

Thank you to every single person who has read this book. Your support means the world to me. I hope to see you in Book 2.

Thank you again,

The Chicken is out x

Ps: Please feel free to check out the bonus story in the next part. -->