Epilogue

Trigger warnings- Minor character death mentioned. 

Um...hi. Raven here. Finley told me to update you on what's happened since Kaiden and Rick's fight so here it goes.

It's been three months since Rick was almost kicked out of the guards which means we're still stuck with him for another three months.

Kaiden and Fin got married last month. They asked me to be the best man. Our dad never showed or wrote to us, so I guess he either doesn't know about the wedding or doesn't care. Kaiden still doesn't want to see him, but I do, kind of.

Adrielle started studying part time to become a teacher. I'm sure she'll be great at it as she can be quite strict with all of us sometimes. She only does it 'cause she cares though. She argues with Kaiden a little, but she's usually able to win every argument which we love to tease him about.

Finley asked Reina to be his vice president. She said yes and the two of them work really well together. Reina told us that she wants to be a lawyer one day. She's really intelligent so I don't think she'll have any problems.

I guess you should know about our relationships. Kaiden and Fin are married now, and Adrielle and I are still happily in love. Reina's found a boyfriend too now. A guy from Astra called Hiro, he seems pretty nice in the letters he writes to her, but we all want to meet him soon, just to make sure he's good enough for her.

So, who's left? Oh right, Finley. Fin is doing ok. He's shaping up to be an incredible president. He travels all over the country, trying to make sure that no one has to live like him and Cadence did. He's started to open up and tell us about his childhood. We've made sure he knows that we're all here to support him. He's also been working on some 'secret project' that he won't tell us about. Kaiden swears he doesn't know either, but he could be lying.

Oh yeah, Kaiden. He's...doing better. Rick still fights with him every day and honestly, three months couldn't pass faster. Rick isn't bad at being a guard, but he doesn't have the right attitude. I don't know why Finley refuses to get rid of him. I've asked, and Kaiden has asked multiple times.

Kaiden is doing better but he's developed some PTSD from the Ceremony. He doesn't like talking about it and anytime someone asks him about it he goes really quiet. He also jumps when people sneak up on him. I also think he might be scared of heights. He hates looking down when he's using the climbing wall asn I know he wasn't scared before. Then again, if I fell off a cliff, I'd be scared of heights too.

Then there's me. I'm doing ok. Rick is annoying as hell and sometimes the others annoy me a little, but we're like a family now. The best family we could ask for. Finley's a great brother- in- law and listens to me when I need to talk to someone. Of course, there's one thing that I can't tell him. I hope no one ever finds out about that. If they do, I'd hate to think how they'd react.I don't know how they'd feel if they knew I'm the reason that the dictator's dead.

I'd like to say that this is the end of the story, but it isn't. Our story is only just beginning.

As Kaiden said to me on their wedding day, "life moves on, Bird. People change and just carry on with their lives. If we can't stop living in the past, we can't make a brighter future.

"Do you still think about Lydia sometimes?" I asked him.

His reply was short, snappy and was such a Kaiden thing to reply with, "no," he said, "after all, she's been dead for five years."   

That's it guys. There is actually a bonus story after the acknowledgements, but you don't have to read that if you don't want to.