Playlist

Yep I'm trendy now. I've made this myself by the way. There is no real theme other than songs which I think fit with the story. Also I do like songs from a range of decades so some of these are older than me so....do with that what you will. Also this is now updated! As of the rewrite (7/11/23)

 I don't use spotify but feel free to listen to these after reading. Also bond with me if you like these :) 

First a song which I think represents each character as well as a non spoiler reason why:

Kaiden: Whatever it takes by Imagine Dragons. Kaiden is really the type of person who will do anything for those he loves and will do whatever it takes ;) to achieve what he wants. This song perfectly encapsulates his personality.

Raven: Brother by Kodaline. Raven is a character we don't know much about at first, but we do see how much he cares for his brother, even if they don't have much in common. 

Finley: Believer by Imagine Dragons. Yes, Finley also has an Imagine Dragons song because I love them. Seriously though, listen to this song at the end of the book and I promise, every lyric makes perfect sense.

Cadence: Centuries by Fall Out Boy. Cadence's driving force is that she wants to go down in history and be remembered for years to come. There is no other song that fits her better than this.

Adrielle: Confident by Demi Lovato. Adrielle is the definition of confident. She's not afraid to stick up for herself, doesn't show her weaknesses and she manages to hold her own in a fight. She is an incredible fighter and this song really showcases that side of her.

Reina: High hopes by Panic! At the disco. A rather strange one here, but I personally think that Reina has big dreams and was definitely told to dream big by her parents and go after what she wants.

Now for some songs that fit the story itself:

Demons by Imagine Dragons- Basically everyone in the Ceremony.

Grenade by Bruno Mars- Kaiden and Finley. 

Traitor by Daughtry- Everyone in part 3.

Everybody loves me by OneRepublic- Cadence. Also the way Kaiden acts in the first part. 

Lost in the moment by NF- Finley's character at the start of the book.

You are the reason by Callum Scott- Kaiden and Finley again. 

You to me are everything by The Real Thing- Kaiden would sing this to Finley, don't lie.

Heroes by David Bowie- Everyone but I like to think Cadence would love this song.

Dark horse by Katy Perry- Adrielle. I debated putting this as her song, but I do think it could be used to describe more characters than just her.

Now lastly some musical songs. I'm a huge fan of musical theatre. If I can give you a character which fits each song I will. Please listen to these shows as they are some of my favourites.

More than survive from Be More Chill. Jeremy is Finley. Rich is Kaiden. Everyone else, not sure.

Never shut up again from Heathers, west end version. We all want Finley to sing this to Kaiden. Don't lie.

My shot from Hamilton. Kaiden would 100% sing this at karaoke. Burr is Rick, Laurens is Raven, Lafayette would be Reina. Finley would be Eliza, Adrielle can be Angelica. 

You and me but mostly me from The Book of Mormon. Please don't listen to this musical if you're under 16 but this song itself is ok. Kaiden and Finley would 100% kill this together. You know who would be who.

So much better from Legally Blonde. Ok I know this one's weird but hear me out. Adrielle would definitely sing this at the end of Chapter 3. Listen to it and then tell me I'm wrong.

Seventeen from Heathers. If Kaiden and Adrielle were ever a thing this would be their song.

Disappear from Dear Evan Hansen. If Connor wasn't dead in this song it'd be perfect for the main cast of this story. Connor would be Kaiden, Finley would be Evan.

Waving through a window from Dear Evan Hansen. One word, Finley. This song unfortunately represents him 100%. 

Anyways enough song recommendations. Onto the story. 

Enjoy x