【Chapter 9】

𝕎𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘:

 𝕄𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕤𝕦𝕚𝕔𝕚𝕕𝕖, 𝕕𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕙, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕓𝕒𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤 𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕒𝕝𝕝. 

𝔸𝕟𝕕 𝕤𝕡𝕠𝕚𝕝𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕡𝕖𝕟 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕆𝕤𝕙𝕚 ℕ𝕠 𝕂𝕠 𝕞𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕒. 

Note:

 This story is a work of fiction... Fanfiction.

Narrator POV

Time passed... Ai's job offers were increasing significantly... she currently was the Idol with the most sales... but it has been a few years...

Ai was about 20 years old now. And at the peak of her career.

And the triplets being 4 years old... were soon going to preschool.

Shinju's anxiety was something she hid behind a mask... a mask that was slowly able to be seen by another one with a mask ... Ai...

She had noticed that Shinju over the years was showing worry... a steadily increasing worry that was barely covered by a smile, a confident and an easy-going attitude.

Shinju was worried... sometimes she would picture the image in her mind... Ai lying dead on the floor, her back rested against a bloodstained door, Aqua against Ai's lifeless corpse... as the bright eyes full of light, confidence and life turn dark and dull... while ruby was behind the door banging on it asking and yelling what was happening... the floor stained with her blood, the lingering smell of roses... and her absence...

Something that Shinju could hope she would only imagine.

What is my reason to be here?... a question often asked by Shinju...

To be loved... was too naïve..

To love... was stupid...

To be great... an illusion...

To be happy... a mere fantasy bound by time...

She was happy now... she had obtained happiness she would only dream of in her past...

 To save Ai... a desire... a responsibility... a reason.

She didn't know her reason to be in this world...

But she knew one thing...

She would die herself, before letting Ai die... she hates herself for it, but she doesn't love Ai... it is only deep admiration and empathy towards her... Or that is what she thinks.

Ruby and Aqua... she doesn't belong in their lives anyways... so they could learn to be happy on their own with the company of Ai...

While both Aqua and Ruby seemed to care for her, it was only due to the ideal situation made by whatever brought her here... of apparently being the youngest of the triplets... in her original life, she would have never experience to be loved so much by others...

And she is grateful...

So her new reason to live is one... 

Let Ai live. No matter the cost... she thinks it is her only duty.

One goal that seems foreign and vague contrasted with this peaceful life, but for a reason tragedy is after all... a tragedy ... and a goal that yet causes her to tremble only by thinking of failure...