Chapter 23: Hope

3rd Person Pov

After Harry had escaped from the graveyard with Cedric's body, Voldemort let out an angry scream, sending random sparks from his wand, hitting nearby headstones and some of the Death Eaters.

Voldemort then turned his attention to Raven, who was nearly passed out on the ground. Using his wand, Voldemort lifted Raven up and then slammed him into a nearby headstone. Blood spurted from Raven's mouth as he felt the air deplete from his lungs. Raven's face gave an expressions of pain as he struggled to breath.

"Oh, I'm sorry, did that hurt?" Voldemort taunted. "You've been through so much tonight already. I thought you wouldn't mind a little more pain. Especially since you helped Harry escaped...you know you deserve to be punished."

Raven managed to catch his breath, but only for a few seconds before Voldemort yelled, "Crucio!" This was the seventh one he had been hit with tonight, and he felt like it might be his last. It felt like his whole body was going to split in half.

Just let it end, let me die. Raven begged in his mind.

Voldemort raised his wand, ending Raven's pain. "I think you've been punished enough...for now." Voldemort said softly. "You're clearly on the brink of death, I'm surprised you haven't died yet, your will to live is impressive."

But Raven didn't want to live anymore. He knew there was no hope of escaping in his current condition, he could barely move a muscle. "If you're going to kill, then kill me." Raven groaned. "But for the love of Merlin, shut the fuck up. No one wants to hear your evil villain speech."

"Kill you?" Voldemort questioned. "No, I'm not going to kill you." He knelt down to Raven. "Don't you remember me saying that you're my gift to Antonin Dolohov?" He stood back up, turning his back to Raven and walked slowly. "You see, Raven," He turned back to the boy, "Dolohov's going to be the one to kill you. And I'm going to make sure it's very painful for you.

"Once he's free from Azkaban, I shall deliver him to you." Voldemort grinned evilly. "He's going to cut you limb from limb, and laugh in joy at your pain. You will begging him for death! Then, he's going to behead you to finish you off." Voldemort laughed. "Once he's finished with you, we'll put the remains of your body parts into a bag and have it sent...to your mother."

Raven's breath hitched, as his eyes widened. "She's going to open the bag, and we're going to watch in delight as the sight utterly destroys her. It'll be the perfect revenge against your mother for putting Dolohov in Azkaban. She'll either die of grief, end herself, or get so angry she blindly comes after us, which will make her an easy target to finish off. Doesn't that sound wonderful? He laughed as did his fellow Death Eaters that were conscious.

Raven's breathing quickened, as did his heartbeat. He had to get out of here, he had to find a way. C'mon, Raven, you can do this, you can get out of here. He told himself. You have to make it back to Mum, you can't let them do this to her, you have to protect her.

He thought of how Barty Crouch Junior's mother died of grief because of his death, and he wasn't going to let that happen to his mother. And he know believed the vision he had in third year to be true. Dolohov was going to kill her, and he had to do everything to stop it.

Raven's brain began to rapidly think of every way he could get out of here. He wasn't going to let them harm her. He hated seeing her sad, he hated seeing her cry, and he was not going to be the cause of her sorrow.

He then calmed his breathing and his pulse, as he closed his eyes thinking of his mother. This is the way. He told himself. This has to be the only way I can get out of here. You've done it with Mum many times, you can do it yourself. Forget the pain, forget the aching, and think Mum. Remember her, remember her laugh, her smile, her love. Find your way back to her.