Chapter 12: Norberta

Raven POV

After waking up and getting ready the next morning, I headed out into common room, still getting whispers from some of my fellow housemates. I ignored them and made my way to the Great Hall to tell Luna and Jasper about the dragons.

Once I made it to the Great Hall, I saw them eating breakfast at the Ravenclaw table, so I made my way towards them. "Good morning, Raven." Luna spoke first, noticing me.

"Morning, once you two are done eating, meet me outside." I said quickly. They both looked at each other confused. "I'll explain later, I'll be waiting." I then walked off, heading outside.

After waiting about twenty minutes, I saw Luna and Jasper walk out the front doors. They saw me secluded in a nearby corner, and walked to my direction.

"Alright, Raven, what do you need to discuss." Jasper said curiously.

"Harry and I know what the first task is." I whispered. "Dragons."

They both went wide-eyed at my statement. "Dra-" I put my hand over Jasper's mouth as he was too loud.

"Not so loud." I hissed and removed my hand.

"Sorry." Jasper whispered. "But, are they mental? Dragons?"

"I know, but I'm not too worried about it on my part." I said.

"You should be!" Luna shouted in a whisper. "You could get killed!"

"How did you and Harry figure it out anyway?" Jasper asked. I then told them that Hagrid showed us last night, but to keep it a secret. "Thank you, Hagrid." Jasper said.

"So, what's your plan? What's the objective?" Luna asked.

"I'm not sure what the objective is, hopefully something simple." I said. "But as far as the plan goes, I plan on taming the dragon."

"Raven." Jasper sighed, resting his hand on my shoulder. "As well as you can connect with creatures, do you really think you can tame a dragon?"

"If I get Norberta then, yes." I said.

"Norberta?" They both questioned. I told them about the dragon egg Hagrid got my first year, and how we helped him send Norberta off to Romania with Ron's brother Charlie.

"Wow, you were a mischievous little first year, huh?" Jasper said.

"You have no idea." I said smirking.

"You know, if you're not able to tame it, a dragon's weak point is it's eyes." Jasper said. "You could always target those with the Conjunctivitis Curse."

I opened my mouth in shock. "I could never hurt such a beautiful creature." I said flabbergasted.

Jasper sighed and said, "Raven, your compassion's going to get you killed one day."

"Don't joke about that." Luna scowled.

"Anyway, I'm pretty set on what I need to do, it's Harry I need to worry about." I said. "I'm off to find Krum, since he doesn't know about the dragons yet, and Harry's going to tell Cedric."

"That's nice of you both." Luna said. "But just remember, we're both here to help you whenever you need us, so is there anything we can do at the moment."

"Thanks, Luna." I said. "And as for right now, there's nothing I can think of. I just need to go tell Krum, and then help Harry, as he's probably worried on how to deal with his dragon."

"Alright well, we'll be around if you need us." Jasper said.

"You got this, Raven. I believe in you." Luna said.