Chapter 13: Getting Dates

3rd Person POV

Raven departed from Daphne, Ron and Harry to the Ravenclaw common room when they made it back to the castle.

Upon entering his common room, he was met with congratulations from his house. Everyone was clapping and cheering, even the one's who were talking behind his back before.

"The way you backflipped over the dragon's tail was awesome!" A fifth year boy said.

"You were so cool!" Lisa Turpin said, touching his arm flirtatiously.

Those who gave him sour looks and talked behind his back apologized countlessly. "Don't worry about it." Raven assured them. Them apologizing so much was a little more annoying than when they talked badly about him.

"Alright, Raven." Jasper spoke up. "Open the egg, let's see what the next clue is."

"Can you hold it for me?" Raven asked him, as he only had one usable hand. Jasper nodded taking the golden egg from Raven's grasp and holding it out for him to open.

Raven brought his left hand to the top of the egg and opened it. The moment it opened, there was a loud screeching noise. Everyone in the common room groaned covering their ears.

"Shut it!" Jasper bellowed, almost dropping it to cover his other ear. Raven quickly shut it.

"What kind of bloody clue is that?" Terry Boot asked.

"That was awful!" Cho shrieked.

"I think something's going to scream at you in the next task." Padma Patil said.

"Well a silencing charm would solve that real quick." Raven said bluntly. "That'd be too easy, though, there's more to the clue than we're seeing. But I've got three months before the next task, so let's celebrate!"

Cheers erupted and everyone started dancing to the music that was put on. Raven sat the golden egg on a nearby shelf, and joined his housemates, dancing to the beat.

"How's the hand?" Mandy Brocklehurst asked, as she was dancing next to Raven.

"Broken." Raven replied. "But should be good in a no time."

"How about your chest?" Lisa Turpin asked, who was on the other side of him.

"It'll heal, but I've got some scarring." Raven replied. He had to dance slowly as he didn't want to reopen any wounds. It seemed that he was gaining some new admirers after his battle with Norberta. He found it as no surprise considering they were probably impressed by his performance, as well as inheriting his parent's good looks.

Raven had to stop dancing and mingling and sat down to take a break. "Feeling alright?" Luna asked him, as she came over with two bottles of pumpkin juice.

"Yeah, just need a break." Raven said, taking one of the bottles. "Thanks." Luna smiled and sat next to him. "Can you help me with something?"

"Of course." Luna said. "What do you need."

'Well, I want to write a letter to my mum, but I can't exactly write with my left hand, so do you mind writing it for me?" Raven asked.

"I don't mind." Luna said, setting her pumpkin juice down and getting up. "I'll be back with a quill and some parchment." Luna walked off to her dorm and came back a few moments later.

She set the parchment down and dabbed some ink on her quill. "What would you like to write?" She asked.

Dear Mum

Hey there, Mumma Bird, Luna's writing this letter for me since I broke my hand battling the dragon. Don't worry though, I'm more than okay. I just wanted to let you know that I got past the dragon, and any wounds will heal. My friends have been very supportive of me and a tremendous help. I hope you're doing well, and can't wait to hear from you. I love you.