Chapter 10: Support

Raven POV

I woke up the next morning feeling with an uneasy feeling inside me. I saw Uri still resting beside me and petted her, waking her up. "Hey, girl." I said, as she got up and stretched with a soft meow. I rose from my bed, pulling the curtains back and noticing my roommates bed were empty. I fed Uri and proceeded to the bathroom for a shower.

After a quick shower I stepped back out. I knew I had to face my fellow housemates in the common room, and I wasn't wanting or ready for the attention. I opened the window and looked out towards the grounds. "If only I could turn into an owl like Mum, then I could just fly down and avoid confronting people." I mumbled. "Maybe one day."

I turned to head out to the common room. Upon entering I was immediately bombarded with questions and congratulations.

"How did you do it?"

"A Ravenclaw champion!"

"Is it true you used Dark magic?"

I just ignored them and continued walking to the entrance door. While some people in here were happy that I was chosen, their were a few sour faces and whispers that I noticed. I guess some people were unhappy that they didn't get chosen.

As I opened the bronze eagle door, I was met with Luna and Jasper. Luna was holding some toast with some grape jam. "Morning, Raven." She said. "Figured you'd want to avoid the Great Hall, so we brought you breakfast."

"Yeah, thank you." I said gratefully.

"We even brought you something else." Jasper said. Someone came out behind Jasper.

"Hey, Raven." It was Daphne.

"Daphne!" I said, my face lighting up.

"Jasper and Luna told me everything a little bit ago, and I believe you didn't put your name in the goblet, Raven." Daphne said.

"Thanks, I'm happy to have your support." I said. "Though, having three blondes to greet me in the morning is quite nice." I said jokingly, causing them to chuckle.

"At least you're still making jokes." Jasper said.

"I always have time for jokes." I stated.

"Care to join us for a walk?" Daphne asked.

"Yeah, that'd be great." I said.

We made our way outside towards the forbidden forest. Upon sitting on a log, Luna handed me the toast. "Thanks." I said, and took a bite.

I then began to explain to them everything that happened last night and what us champions were told. I told them that Harry and I were stuck competing in the tournament, that Snape and Karkaroff were former Death Eaters, the first task was going to test our daring, and that whoever put our names in the cup possibly wanted us dead. They were pretty shocked at the last part, and I couldn't blame them.

"Bloody hell, are you serious?" Jasper sighed. "Why the hell would Dumbledore allow former Death Eaters in Hogwarts?"

"I don't know." I said. "But it's got me worried that he's blinded. I don't trust Snape or Karkaroff one bit."

"Is it possible that they put yours and Harry's names in the goblet?" Daphne asked.

"I doubt Snape would have, but Karkaroff is a whole other story." I said. "My godfather was the one who put Karkaroff in Azkaban, so I can see why he would put my name in for revenge against Moody, and put Harry's in for his former master maybe."

"Were Mr. Bagman and Mr. Crouch shocked or worried at all last night?" Luna asked, as I finished my toast.

"Bagman was excited that our names came out of the goblet." I explained. "Though honestly he only cares about putting on a good show, I doubt he actually cares about our lives. As for Crouch, he seemed disinterested in the whole thing like his mind was elsewhere."