Chapter 9: The Champions

Raven POV

I woke up pretty early the next morning meeting Luna and Jasper in the common room, so we could head down to the Great Hall together. Once we got there I beckoned Jasper forward. "Alright, Super Star, put your name in." I said.

"Here here." Jasper said. He walked up to the Goblet and put his name in. There were claps from our house, Luna and I included. "Now, let's get some breakfast." We then sat at our table and began eating.

I noticed Fred, George, and Lee had made themselves Aging Potions to attempt to enter. Good luck you three. I thought. I doubt even Mum could make an Aging Potion to fool Dumbledore's Age Line.

The twins put their names in first, and for a second everyone thought it worked. There was a loud sizzling sound and the pieces of paper the twins put in the Goblet were shot back toward them. Fred and George were thrown back onto the floor and they both had sprouted identical long white beards.

Everyone burst into laughter, including Fred and George. "I did warn you." Dumbledore who was at the door said. "I suggest you both go up to Madam Pomfrey. She is already tending ot Ms. Fawcett, of Ravenclaw, and Mr. Summers, of Hufflepuff, both of whom decided to age themselves up a little too. Though I must say, neither of their beards is anything like as fine as yours." Fred and George set off for the hospital wing with Lee, all still laughing.

After finishing my breakfast, Hermione, Harry and Ron came up to me. "Hey, Raven, want to join us for a visit to Hagrid?" Hermione asked.

"Loved to." I replied, getting up. "Catch you later." I waved to Luna and Jasper, who waved bye back.

"I've just realized-I haven't asked Hagrid to join S.P.E.W. yet!" Hermione said brightly. "Wait for me, will you, while I nip upstairs and get the badges?"

"What's up with her?" Ron said exasperated, as Hermione ran out of the Great Hall.

"Just Hermione things." I said.

"Hey Ron." Harry said suddenly. "It's your friend..."

I looked to see the students from the Beauxbatons coming into the Great hall. I caught on as to who Harry was referring to, the Veela. She walked up to the Goblet and put her name in. "Did you make friends with a Veela, Ron?" I teased nudging him.

"So I was right, she is a Veela." Ron said. "Hermione was wrong."

"I'm lost." I said confused.

"I told Hermione last night that that girl was a Veela and she stated she wasn't." Ron explained.

"Well, you're both half right." I said. "She's only part Veela, so don't go cheering your victory in Hermione's face."

"What about my face?" I heard Hermione's voice behind us and a rattling noise as she had the box of Spew badges.

"Just Ron's nonsense." I said casually, waving the subject off. "Let's go."

We made our way down to Hagrid's and saw the Beauxbatons get into the carriage they arrived in. "Guess they're sleeping in there." Ron said. I had to hold myself back from running up and petting the Abraxan horses. Harry knocked on Hagrid's door, and Fang's booming barks answered instantly.

"About time!" Hagrid said, when he'd flung the door open. "Thought you lot'd forgotten where I live!"

"Were not mental yet Hag-" I began, but stopped and looked at Hagrid's new appearance. He was wearing a hairy brown suit, plus a check yellow-and-orange tie. His hair was slicked down into two bunches.

We all exchanged confused looks, till Hermione interrupted. "Where are the Skrewts?" She asked.

"Out by the pumpkin patch." Hagrid said happily. "They're getting massive, must be nearly three feet long now. Only trouble is, they've started killing each other."