Chapter 20: The Calm Before the Storm.

3rd Person POV

Raven began telling Luna and Jasper what he saw in Dumbledore's office, aside from the part about Neville's parents, once he got back into the Ravenclaw common room. "This just gets even more confusing!" Jasper said frustrated, throwing his hands in the air.

"I think you're right to be suspicious about Dumbledore hiding something between him and Snape from you and Harry." Luna said. "As wise as he is, it doesn't feel right hiding it, especially since it could potentially endanger you both."

"I hear you, Luna." Raven sighed, running a hand through his hair. He was sitting down on the couch, staring at the blue fire thinking. "There's unfortunately not much we can do except prepare for the third task."

"Well, is there anything you'd like to learn that you don't already know?" Jasper asked.

"Is there a spell that you know where I could make a quick get away?" Raven asked. "A Disillusionment Charm wouldn't be useful if an enemy sees me use it."

"Yeah, there's the Smokescreen Charm." Jasper replied. "It creates a defensive cloud of smoke to hinder visibility. You could easily slip away with it's help."

"That could work." Raven said nodding. "Can you meet me by the lake tomorrow and teach it to me?"

"Of course." Jasper said. "Any others you'd like to learn?"

"I think that's it." Raven replied getting up. "I know plenty of others already thanks to Mum, but even lesser spells could always help. Afterwards, though, I need to make sure Harry learns some more too."

"Got it." Jasper nodded. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow around lunch then?"

"Yeah, that'll be a good time to practice." Raven said. "Goodnight." He smiled to them.

"Goodnight, Raven." Luna and Jasper said as Raven departed to his dorm.

The next day at lunch, Jasper was teaching Raven the Smokescreen Charm near the Black Lake. They had informed Daphne about what happened, and she was just as equally confused and worried. She was sitting next to Luna, who was petting Uri, while she petted Chase, as they were both watching Jasper and Raven practice.

"Alright, Raven." Jasper began. "The wand movement for the Smokescreen Charm is a clockwise swirl." He instructed with is wand. "And the Incantation is Fumos." Raven nodded and began practicing.

It wasn't a difficult spell, so Raven managed to get it down rather quickly. Once the smoke was heavy and Raven's silhouette disappeared, he decided to use a Disillusionment Charm to keep his presence hidden.

Once it cleared, his friends wondered where he went. "Raven?" Jasper called looking around. Chase climbed on Daphne's shoulders and looked behind her. Uri looked in the direction Chase was, and Luna smiled, knowing what Raven was up to.

"Rawr!" Raven shouted from behind Daphne, grabbing her waist. Daphne yelped jumping up from her seat. Chase jumped from her shoulders and into Raven's arms as he appeared. Raven, Luna, and Jasper broke into a laughter as Daphne turned around.

"Raven!" Daphne pouted, her cheeks a little red.

"Haha, he got you good." Jasper chuckled

"I'll admit that was good." Daphne scoffed. "But I'll get you back for this." She pointed at Raven.

"By all means, you can go ahead and try, Greengrass." Raven taunted.

"Challenge accepted, Mordecur." Daphne retorted, crossing her arms and smirking.