Chapter 5: Godfather

Raven POV

Neither Mr. Weasley nor Percy were home much over the following week, as they were busy at the Ministry. Mum must have been even busier, since I haven't seen or heard from her all week. I hope she wasn't working too hard, and was taking care of herself.

Percy was telling us that people kept sending them Howlers, complaining about the security at the World Cup.

Mrs. Weasley was staring at the grandfather clock which showed where each of the Weasley family members were at. She was waiting for her husband to come home. The rest of us had already eaten dinner, so it was getting late and it was pouring outside.

Hermione and I were reading our Standard Book of Spells, Grade 4, though I knew most of the spells in the book. Harry was polishing his Firebolt, and Fred and George were in the corning whispering over a piece of parchment.

"What are you two up to?" Mrs. Weasley asked sharply, her eyes on the twins.

"Homework." Fred said vaguely.

"Don't be ridiculous, you're still on holiday." Mrs. Weasley said.

"Yeah, we've left it a bit late." George said.

"You're not by any chance writing out a new order form, are you?" Mrs. Weasley asked shrewdly. "You wouldn't be thinking of starting Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, by any chance?"

"Now, Mum." Fred said, looking up at her. "If the Hogwarts Express crashed tomorrow, and George and I died, how would you feel to know that the last thing we ever heard from you was an unfounded accusation?" Everyone laughed, even Mrs. Weasley.

"Oh your fathers coming!" Mrs. Weasley said, looking up at the clock. She heard him call from the kitchen. "Coming, Arthur!" Mrs. Weasley hurried into the kitchen. "Raven!" She called my name from the kitchen.

I got up and headed to her. "Yes, Mrs. Weasley?" I asked entering the kitchen, but when I did, I saw someone I hadn't seen all week.

"Hey there, Little Bird." Mum said with open arms.

"Mum!" I beamed, running to her and we embraced in a hug. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, Baby." Mum said, and kissed my forehead. "I'm sorry I haven't been able to see or contact you all week, works been such a hassle."

"It's all right." I assured her. "You look exhausted come eat and rest." I took her hand and guided her. Mrs. Weasley got a tray of dinner for Mr. Weasley and Mum.

"Thank you, Molly, for dinner and for looking after Raven." Mum said, as we made our way back into the living room.

"It's no problem." Mrs. Weasley said. "You both are like family." Mr. Weasley sat in an armchair and I sat beside Mum on the couch.

"Well, the fat's really in the fire now." Mr. Weasley said. "Rita Skeeter's been ferreting around all week, looking for more Ministry mess-ups to report."

"Yeah, I've had to use a Disillusionment Charm to avoid her getting an interview from me." Mum groaned.

"And now she's found out about poor old Bertha going missing, so that'll be the headline in the Prophet tomorrow." Mr. Weasley said. "I told Bagman he should have sent someone to look for her ages ago."

"Mr. Crouch has been saying it for weeks and weeks." Percy said.

"Crouch is very lucky Rita hasn't found out about Winky." Mr. Weasley said irritably. "There'd be a week's worth of headlines in his house-elf being caught holding the wand that conjured the Dark Mark."