Chapter 3: Veela and Death Eaters

Raven POV

We followed Mr. Weasley through a lantern-lit trail in the woods. I was beyond excited, and couldn't wait for the match. When we finally emerged on the other side we found ourselves in the shadow of a gigantic stadium.

"Seats a hundred thousand." Mr. Weasley said. "Ministry task force of five hundred have been working on it all year. Muggle Repelling Charms on every inch of it. Every time Muggles have got anywhere near here all year, they've suddenly remembered urgent appointments and had to dash away again...bless them."

"Did you help with the enchantment, Mum?" I asked, turning to her.

"I helped some." Mum said. "Mostly when you were at Hogwarts, but none in the summer, because I wanted to come home to you."

"Prime seats!" The Ministry witch said, checking Mr. Weasley's tickets. "Top box! Straight upstairs, Arthur, and as high as you can go." She then spotted Mum and me. "Ah, Wren, you and your son can follow Arthur."

"Thank you." Mum said, and guided me through the stadium. We made our way to the top and it was really high up. We had a great view of Quidditch pitch from here. We took our seats, and I felt an energy from behind me. I turned and looked to see what it was, and it was a house-elf.

"Dobby?" Harry who was seating to my right questioned. He was looking at the elf too. The elf looked up and stretched its fingers, revealing enormous brown eyes and a nose the exact size and shape of a large tomato.

"Did sir just call me Dobby?" The elf squeaked curiously. I had heard about Dobby from Harry, and it seemed this elf wasn't him.

"Sorry." Harry said. "I just thought you were someone I knew."

"But I knows Dobby too, sir!" The elf said. "My name is Winky, sir-and you, sir-" She looked towards Harry's scar. "You is surely Harry Potter!"

"Yeah, I am." Harry said.

"But Dobby talks of you all the time, sir!" Winky said.

"How is he? How's freedom suiting him?" Harry asked.

"Ah, sir." Winky said, shaking her head. "Ah sir, meaning no disrespect, sir, but I is not sure you did Dobby a favor, sir, when you is setting him free."

"Why?" Harry questioned. "What's wrong with him?"

"Freedom is going to Dobby's head, sir." Winky said sadly. "Ideas above his station, sir. Can't get another position, sir."

"Why not?" Harry asked.

"He is wanting paying for his work, sir." Winky whispered.

"Paying?" Harry questioned blankly. "Well-why shouldn't he be paid?" Winky looked quite horrified at the idea.

"House-elves is not paid, sir!" Winky said. "No, no, no. I says to Dobby, I says, go find yourself a nice family and settle down, Dobby. He is getting up to all sorts of high jinks, sir, what is unbecoming to a house-elf. You goes racketing around like this, Dobby, I says, and next thing I hear you's up in the front of the Department for Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, like some common goblin."

"Well it's about time he had a bit of fun." Harry said.

"House-elves is not supposed to have fun, Harry Potter." Winky said. "House-elves does what they is told. I is not liking heights at all, Harry Potter." She glanced toward the edge of the box and gulped. "But my master sends me to the Top Box and I comes, sir."

Your master sounds like a real git.

"Why's he send you up here, if he knows you don't like heights?" Harry asked.