Chapter 21: Agony

3rd Person Pov

After the maze closed behind him, Raven pulled out his wand and said, "Lumos!" Light illuminated his way forward. He went into Instinct Mode as he had sensed an abundance of creatures within the maze.

You got this, Raven. He told himself as he began walking forward. He thought to brush his hand against the hedge wall to keep track of going in one direction, but he had a feeling the hedge might try and take his arm.

Coming up to a forked path, Raven took the left one and soon found himself in a small open area, full of Chameleon Ghouls. "Hello there." Raven said, gaining their attention. They all screeched at him, some disguising themselves to blend into the environment.

"Yeah...that's not going to work on me." Raven mumbled, sensing one creeping up on him. Once it got close enough, he punted it, causing the ghoul to collide with the other ones.

Hmm, Mum and I should go bowling again this summer. Raven thought.

Raven stepped forward, glaring at the other ghouls. He hoped they would back off, but they seemed to get angrier at him. "Bunch of try hards." Raven said, as they all charged at him. Raven pointed his wand up and said, "Ascendio!" Raven shot up into the air, the ghouls looked up and Raven pointed his wand downward on them. "Bombarda!"

The explosion caused the ghouls to be spread apart and knocked out. Raven flipped and safely landed back on his feet. "Its rare for ghouls to be this viscous." He said. "It must be because of the maze."

Raven continued making his way through the maze, turning corners and keeping himself alert. Raven came upon another open area, much larger than the previous one. This one was infested with acromantulas. "I wasn't hoping to encounter you guys again." Raven sighed.

Not wanting to deal with a bunch of spiders, Raven made a clockwise swirl with his wand and said, "Fumos!" The area was covered in a thick smoke and Raven snuck his way to the other end.

Thank you, Jasper. Raven thought as he successfully made it past the acromantulas and continued on through the maze.

The next thing he saw was a foggy pathway. He narrowed his eyes trying to see the other side but the fog was too thick. Raven walked forward going through the fog and when he reached the other side, he found himself back to where he entered it. "Hmm." He hummed, then shot a Reductor Curse through the fog.

The blue light from the spell shot back through the fog and Raven barely dodged it in time. "Too close." He gasped. He crossed his arms, tapping his foot thinking of a way to get past this.

"Screw it." He finally said. He pointed his wand up and said, "Ascendio!" Raven shot up and flipped over the hedge. "Arresto Momentum!" He cast on himself as he now slowly came down to the ground.

As Raven continued, he heard a scream that he figured belonged to Fleur. She must've seen the Acromantulas. He thought. He then turned a corner and froze.

What he saw put him in a paralyzed state. All he could do was stare with his eyes widened. His body was slightly shaking at the sight. He couldn't feel it, but his body slumped to the ground as he was still paralyzed with fear.

Harry was making his way through the maze with a few difficulties. He turned a corner and came upon a sight that confused him. He saw a body laying on the ground and someone sitting close it it shaking.

Getting closer he noticed the person sitting down was Raven and the person on the ground was Wren Mordecur. He was confused as to why she was here, but as he got closer, Wren's body disappeared and a dementor was now floating over Harry.