Chapter 11: Rita Skeeter

3rd Person POV

Harry and Raven entered into a fairly small classroom. Viktor Krum was standing in a corner, while Cedric and Fleur were in conversation. Bagman suddenly spotted Harry and Raven, and bounded forward. "Ah, here they are! Champions four and five! In you come, in you come...nothing to worry about, it's just the wand weighing ceremony, the rest of the judges will be here in a moment-"

"Wand weighing?" Harry repeated nervously.

"We have to check that your wands are fully functional, no problems, you know, as they're your most important tools in the tasks ahead." Bagman said. "The expert's upstairs now with Dumbledore. And then there's going to be a little photo shoot. This is Rita Skeeter." He added, gesturing towards the witch in magenta robes.

Great, this woman. Raven mentally groaned.

"She's doing a small piece on the tournament for the Daily Prophet..."

"Maybe not that small, Ludo." Rita said, her eyes on Harry. Raven gave her a glare. "Scary one aren't you?" She said playfully to Raven. "I wonder if I could have a little word with them before we start?" She said to Bagman. "The youngest champions, you know...to add a bit of color?"

"Certainly!" Bagman said. "That is-if Harry and Raven have no objection?"

"I object." Raven said coldly.

"Er-" Harry said confused.

"Lovely." Rita grabbed Harry's arm and brought him into a broom cupboard.

Rest in Peace, Harry. Raven thought.

After a few minutes Harry and Rita came out of the broom cupboard. "That was nice, now how about your interview, Raven?" Rita asked, looking at Raven, whose glare returned.

"I already told you no." Raven said.

Rita ignored his objection, and started asking questions in front of everyone. "What made you decide to enter?" She asked. Raven stayed silent, though her magical quill was writing.

"What do your mother and godfather think about you entering? How are they feeling?" Rita asked. Raven just continued to ignore her. His mother was obviously worried, probably even more than he was, and his godfather seemed indifferent about it, which Raven still found odd.

"What about your love life?" Rita asked.

Love life? Raven mentally questioned. As far as he was aware, he was still single, though he did have his eyes set on a certain blonde girl.

"I hear you're close with two certain blondes." Rita said. "You seem to hang out with one who's in your house, a Luna Lovegood, though you also seem to hang out with a Slytherin named Daphne Greengrass. Do you fancy one or both of them, or are they fighting for your love?" Raven continued to ignore her, though he was starting to get annoyed, he didn't want to drag Luna or Daphne into the Daily Prophet, though he knew it was already too late. The quill next to Rita continued writing it's nonsense.

"As for my final question, what is the secret behind your eyes?" Rita asked. Raven was confused as to what she meant. "Why is it that you and your mother are the only known people to have purple eyes? Is is some for of excessive use of Dark Magic?" Raven looked at her like she was mental.

It's called genetics you bloody idiot. Raven thought

"Does your mother secretly teach you Dark Magic, or is she secretly abusive towards you, and uses it on you and forces you to do the same?" Rita asked.

Raven snapped, he finally had enough of this woman. He grabbed the quill and pad, turned it to ice and slammed it on the floor causing it to shatter. "My mother has never once abused or mistreated me!" Raven yelled in Rita's face. "She's a wonderful mother any child would be lucky to have, and a better person than you'll ever be, so don't you ever say anything against her!"