~ Little Arrien~

The sound of whimpering was all she could hear.
Y/n grabbed the needle handing it to Alan forcing a small smile before he took it from her hand.

" It's not gonna hurt him, is it?" The boy said as he watched his dog whimper on the examination table.

Y/n chuckled at him as he stood there in worry making the boy look back at her and smile. Scott nudged her arm as he caressed the dog calming it down and chuckled smirking at her making her scoff.

" Just a little. But I usually find that it's the owners who feel the most pain." Alan said sticking the needle on the dogs leg before pulling it away.
" All right, well, we'll check the stool sample for parasites, but my guest is that he probably just ate something he should've."

Scott lifted the dog up from the table and knelt down placing it back on the ground. Y/n crouched down next to him patting the small dog smiling before she noticed tag around its neck.

" Bullet. That's a cool name." She said patting the dog and looking up at its owner smiling at him.

" He's got two brothers at home named Beretta and Trigger." The boy said patting his dog as Scott let him go. " Military family."

Scott patted the dog causing the dog to whimper.
" Looks like her knows who the alpha is." He said making Y/n eyes widen and look at Alan.

The boy stood up letting out a sigh making both Y/n and Scott stand back up.
" Thanks again. "

" Yeah, no problem. Just doing our jobs." Y/n said smiling at him making him nod.

They watched him as he left walking out of the door with his dog following. Y/n let out a sigh, walking back to the examination room before Scott walked next to her nudging her arm.

" What?" She asked annoyed.

" Flirting with our customers? Seriously?" Scott said chuckling at her making Y/n scoff.

" I was not flirting with him.  You don't know what you're talking about." Y/n said pushing him away from her as he laughed at her.

Scott went back to his work searching for whatever the dog might have ate that could make him sick while Y/n worked around pulling out her potions and books.

" Found something." Scott suddenly said making both Y/n and Alan to look up.

Alan walked up to him rinsing the small white pice that he held between his tweezers.
" What is that?" Scott asked handing it to Alan.

" Definitely poisonous..for the dog." He said as he observed it with his lamp. "Actually for you as well but mostly for Y/n." He said making Y/n look up from her book and walk towards them to look at what they found.

" Wolfsbane?" Scott asked glancing at Alan before noticing the slicked look on Y/n's face.

"Mistletoe..." Y/n said closing her book and scrunching her face confused.

The sound of a dog barking was heard making Scott and Y/n look towards the exit confused. Y/n glanced at Scott watching him slowly make his way up to the door and leave to find out what was going on.

Y/n let out a sigh, opening her book as she sat on the table while Alan cleaned around the room before he suddenly spoke up.

" How are you feeling?" He asked making Y/n look up as she swung her legs.

"Fine, fine." She nodding her head at him as he watched her giving her a slight smile.
" Why?" She asked tilting her head confused at him.

Alan chuckled seeing her face and shook his head.
" You've just been quiet lately. Just looks like you have a lot on your mind."