~The Fire~

Y/n was standing beside her mother in the middle of the woods. At that time Y/n was 8. They had just ran away from home and now they were in the middle of the woods after Kate had invaded their home. They didn't have anywhere else to go. Y/n had a book in her hand, the only thing she had left. She held her mother's hand as they walked towards a house located in the middle of the woods. Her mother knelt down in front of Y/n caressing her red cheeks.

« I know you're afraid right now. But these people in this house are here to help us. You can trust them. » She said to the little frightened witch in front of her. Y/n removed  her eyes from the ground finally looking up to her mother nodding slightly too scared to say anything. Her mother sighed standing up with her bag in hand taking her daughter's hand and knocked on the wooden door in front of them.
They waited seconds before a woman opened the door. It was a tall woman with dark brown hair. She was probably in her 30's.

« Amelie. What is it? » The woman asked concerned looking at her mother.

«You said that if anything happened you could help us. I need your help. » Amelie said. Y/n didn't understand what they were talking about or why people were chasing them. The woman nodded understanding the situation and letting them in. « Thank you, Talia. » The mother said stepping in.

« Now what is your name? » Talia said kneeling down to Y/n giving her comforting smile.

« Y/n Arriens, Miss » Y/n said finally speaking up. Y/n wasn't afraid of the woman in front of her, in fact she felt safe with her.

« What a pretty name for a little witch like you. How about I show you where you'll be sleeping. » She said taking her hand and guiding her upstairs where she was greeted by other kids.
« Here, You'll be staying with Derek and Cora. » The woman said. Y/n looked up to them seeing a girl about her age and an older boy looking at her confused. She stepped into the room trying to avoid the stares she was receiving, sitting down on a bed and placing her book on top of her legs. She felt someone sit next to her making her look up.

« I never knew Amelie had a daughter. » The girl said. Y/n assumed it was Cora.

« You know my mother? » Y/n said surprised looking at the two kids in front of her.

« Of course we do. She works for my mother. And helps us during the full moon. » Derek spoke up for the first time.

« Full moon? » Y/n asked confused.

« You know? Because we're werewolves. » Cora said smiling at her.

« Werewolves? » Y/n asked even more confused.

« Yeah! What are you? » Cora asked excited.

« My mother says that I am a powerful witch but I still don't know how to use my powers. » Y/n explained.

« Cool! » Derek and Cora said at the same time making Y/n chuckle. At that moment Y/n felt more comfortable and safe.

~~~~~~~~

5 years later= Age 10

Y/n sleeping in her room when she felt someone waking her up. She woke up, opened her eyes gasping for air when she saw her mother with tears in her eyes screaming. She looked around noticing smoke everywhere. She started coughing, her mother pulled her up dragging her away. Y/n screamed in horror watching people on the floor on fire. She tried to reach for them wanting to help them but her mother pulled her with her. Tears rolled down her cheeks wondering if anyone made it out. Her mother dragged her out of the house falling on the ground as she watched the house tear apart as the fire became bigger. Y/n sobbed in her mother's arm listening to all the screams coming from the house. She saw someone run out of the house. She looked at Derek who was now on the floor emotionless not knowing what to do. Y/n stood up leaving her mother before running up to Derek and pulled him in her arms. They stayed their crying in each other's arms trying to block out all the screams they were listening to.

~~~~~~

A few days later

After the fire they found out that only Peter had survived but he was in a coma. Y/n and her mother were walking towards a house. They needed a new place to stay so Amelie called someone.
A vet. Y/n didn't know how he would be able to help them but she followed her mother. Y/n was still in shock. Her eyes were puffy from crying and she couldn't sleep. Every time she closed her eyes she would see fire. The screams and the dead body on the floor. She was tired.
Y/n was close to her mother. They haven't heard from Derek since the fire and it worried them. He had no one left. They knocked on the door of a house and were greeted by a man.

« Amelie? » The man said confused by their presence. Y/n didn't dare to look at him. She was afraid.

« Alan...I need to ask you a favor. » She said looking at her daughter. « Y/n I need to speak with my friend here alone why don't you here until we're done? Can you do that for me? » She said to Y/n. Y/n looked up to her mother worry in her face before nodding slowly. Amelie smiled at her entering the house with the man before Y/n went to sit down on the grass reading her book.

A couple minutes later Amelie came back to join her daughter with tears in her eyes.

« Y/n, I need to go for a while okay? You're going to stay here with my friend Alan here okay? He's going to take care of you. » Amelie said tears rolling down her cheeks as she caressed her daughter face.
Y/n looked up to her tears starting to form in her eyes. She couldn't believe what she was hearing.

« No..no! You can't leave me! Don't leave me too... » Y/n said sobbing resting her head on her mother arms.

« Don't worry...I will come back for you. It's just for a while. » Amelie said kissing the top of her head. Y/n felt crushed. She just watched the people she grew up with die in front of her and now her mother is leaving her with a stranger.

« Mom...I need you. I can't do this without you » Y/n said crying in her arms.

« I will always be with you. » Amelie said pulling away from the hug looking at her daughter eyes. «Here. Take this. » She said handing her a old book. « Whenever you need help. This will help you. » She said to her before standing up and grabbing her bags.
« I'm sorry Y/n » Amelie said leaving her alone daughter alone and driving away.
Alan came beside her patting her head as she continued to cry. At that moment she felt abandoned.

~~~~~~~

« Derek? » Y/n yelled in front of the Hale house. Y/n didn't want to go back there but she wanted to find Derek. She knew he would be there. She spotted a figure standing inside the house so she decided to go see who it was.
« Derek? » She said joining his side with a trembling voice. Derek was knelt down in front of his burnt house and he didn't dare look up at the young witch.

« Go home Y/n » Derek said finally speaking up.

« Home? I don't have a home anymore. Derek my mother left me and you're the only person I have left. » Y/n said as she started crying. She couldn't keep it in anymore. For the past few days she has been silently keeping in all her emotions but she couldn't do it anymore.
Derek stood up, turning to look at her with a furious face causing Y/n to look at him confused.

« Don't you get it Y/n ? We're not family! You are nothing to me! And you see this? » Derek snapped pointing at his house. « You did this. It's all your fault. They were looking for you and they finally found you. You brought them here Y/n ! This is all your fault! Your mother left you because of the danger you bring. She abandoned you because you're just some stupid witch that is surrounded by danger. So everyone around you is going to leave you. Just like I will. » He yelled at her. Y/n looked at him in shock as tears rolled down her cheeks. She was angry. Not at Derek but at herself because she knew that what he said was true.

« I'm sorry... » Y/n said looking down at the floor with a shaky voice.

« Well sorry won't fix anything » Derek said before walking away from her. Y/n watched him as he walked away falling on her knees sobbing. Now she had no one left.

~~~~~~

Hello! This one is a little late sorry!!
Anyways since I finished season 1 I decided to write a little bit of Y/n's past and how she met the Hales. If you find anything confused please let me know.
Also Amelie is Y/n's mother name.
Hope you like it!!! <333