𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲

━ Dirt crumbled beneath your boots as you and Megumi walked further into the asylum, an eery aura resonated around the building, "The curses are in the basement

Dirt crumbled beneath your boots as you and Megumi walked further into the asylum, an eery aura resonated around the building, "The curses are in the basement." You quietly said, "Are you certain?" He asked but he knew he'll believe anything you say, "Yeah. I can feel it, There's more then one, Strong as well."

The boy nodded, "So, What's your approach?"

You focused more on your surroundings to pinpoint the exact locations of the curses, "The basement is large, With multiple rooms, We gotta rely on demon dog for that." You explained as he nodded, You continued, "Summon demon dog when we are near the stairs to the basement, when demon dog smells the curses, we don't just go in immediately, I'm gonna summon my beasts and test how strong the curse is, Then we're gonna split up and lure the curses in an open space and meet there."

Megumi smiled, He really did respected you. "Roger. I'm guessing there's a field somewhere around here for the patients, So we can lure them there." He suggested you nodded, "Okay. Let's head to the terrace and then we can use nue to map out the area." With that you two took off towards the stairs, and to the terrace.

Staying true to the plan, Megumi summoned nue as soon as you guys reached the top and flew away with his Shikigami whilst you looked around, and stayed on guard.

Soon Megumi returned, Landing in front of you and released nue, "There's a giant field at the very back, the windows of the basement are visible from there, So you can use the Kokuju claws to cut an opening."

You nodded, "How about you, How will you get an opening?"

He smirked, "I'll use the curse for that."

You smiled, "Are you planning to get yourself thrown by the curse so you can break the wall like you did when you met Yuji?" Megumi's eyes widened, "Who told you that?" He furrowed his eyebrows, "Yuji tells me all the time." You chuckled.

He huffed, "Whatever, let's go."

☄. *. ⋆

As soon as you two reached the stairs leading to the basement, Megumi summoned demon dog, The two of you followed the shikigami until it stopped, You summoned the three headed dragon, as they flew out of your body and directly towards the wooden door, Making a hole in it.

And after about 15 minutes you felt the dragons disappearing, "Okay, The curse is pretty strong. We can take them on though." You signalled him that it was time split up, "Stay safe, See you at the field." He called out and you looked back at him with a smile, "At the field."

Just as you anticipated, about 2 large sized curses began to run after you, Occasionally attacking but you made dodged them all skillfully, While simultaneously summoning the single headed snake like dragon to guide you through the hallways, It's red glowing skin helped as a great light in the dark hallways.

Just as you made a turn a curse flew out of one of the rooms, But you didn't try to fight it. Instead, You grabbed it's tail and jumped over it's large body, Landing on your dragon's head.

You could feel you were about to reach the end, And that's when things will start getting tricky because you'd have to release the dragon and use the blades instead so you knew you had to be fast with your curse technique.

Just as Megumi told you, You could see small rectangular windows on the walls that you guessed were for ventilation, You took a deep breath, Anxiety clawing you.

What if I can't summon it in time?

But it wasn't a could or couldn't situation, You had to.

You released the dragon and quickly joined your hands again, "Kokuju! ; Būredu!" You yelled as thin black and white blades emerged from your back, Making a giant hole in the wall, The curses almost grabbed you but you jumped over the hole in time, Barely escaping the curses hold.

As soon as you got out you felt relived to see the giant field in front of you, You quickly released the blades and ran forward, The curses were behind you as planned,

You looked around for any signs of Megumi, Smiling when you saw him running towards you with about 2 giant curses behind him.

As soon as he reached you, the two of you went back to back, Putting your fighting stances, "Are you ready?" You asked, Megumi smirked, Though you couldn't see, "I am ready."

A/N- Damn I keep publishing and un-publishing my other fics.

How was this chapter ? Also do tell me if there's any grammatical mistakes !

and thank you for 8k views. <3