𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗵

━ You tied up your combat boots and fixed your cargo pants

You tied up your combat boots and fixed your cargo pants. You made sure to keep your small first aid kit in your pocket, That was when you heard a knock on your door.

"5 minutes I'm coming." You calmly shouted, Shoving your phone in your pocket and putting on your black latex gloves. You looked around your room for one last time to make sure you weren't forgetting anything.

You nodded to yourself and went to open the door, Deep blue eyes met yours as a warm feeling took place in the pit of your stomach.

"L/n-san-"

"Fushiguro-san-"

Both of you spoke at the same time, looking towards opposite direction, not wanting to show each other the smile that took over both of your faces. The two of you turned back to each other's direction after calming down.

"Ijichi-san is here." Megumi informed as you nodded and stepped out of your room and closed it's door. Megumi started walking in front of you to which you assumed he was walking to his room.

But then he passed his room leaving you confused, You started walking faster to walk beside him, Megumi looked back at you slightly, "Oh I have to do something at the school's front gate." You nodded, Wondering what work would he possibly have there.

"So why did the mission move to earlier than it was supposed to be?" The dark haired boy asked as you were now walking beside him. "I don't know but it's probably some schedule changes from the higher ups." You answered, Hoping it wasn't one of theirs scheme to execute you.

"That means you'll be back till evening?" You turned your head towards Megumi who was walking while looking at the other side with his hands shoved in his pockets; The exact same as you. A small smile taking over your face, "It depends on how long I take to finish the mission."

"You'll be fine, You're strong L/n-san." He complimented, you not knowing that he was slightly red, And him not knowing you were blushing a tad bit too. "I'd say you're strong too, You'd be even stronger if you stop restraining yourself, Fushiguro-san."

The shikigami user's head whipped towards your direction, but before he could ask what you meant by 'Restraining yourself' you both reached the school's front gate.

You looked back at Megumi, "Bye." He wanted to ask you what you meant, "Wh- Bye L/n-san." But he decided not to, he could ask some other time. You gave him a small wave and got into the passenger seat of ijichi's car.

You saw that Megumi went inside the school after making sure you were in the car, "Wait- didn't he say he had some work to do here?"

~

You carefully observed the cursed spirit's moment while being hidden behind an abandoned shop's large round pillar. The curse who had disguised itself in a body of a high school girl was luring in her victim who seemed to be a young boy, probably 10 or something into a long thin alleyway.

'Of course she went in the alleyway..',You carefully moved closer, Now hiding behind a broken wall, Very close to the alleyway since you can sense that the curse would strike soon.

As on que, The curse's hands became veiny and thin, Dangerously long and sharp nails emerging from it. The boy's face was horrified as he screamed loudly, Making the curse chuckle.

Just as the boy was backed into the side wall of the thin alleyway, You acted quickly. "Refrain!", Black chains with reddish hue wrapped around the curses legs, arms, and torso; Stopping it's movements. You motioned the little boy to run as he ran away shakily, tumbling down but eventually escaping. You roughly grabbed the back of the curse's neck, "What do you think you're doing?"

The curse turned it's head towards your direction, "How dare you, you lowly human!" She yelled. The curse cut through the chains, And was quick to attack you. In a swift motion you moved out of the way; Causing the curse to fall. You imbued curse energy in your fists and punched the curse once it got up and charged towards you.

The punch made the curse to crash on the wall of the alleyway, harshly. She raised her head and glared at you with inhuman eyes, "I'll kill you!" You crossed your arm, still keeping your guard on. "Oh? But your arm says otherwise." You smugly said and the curse quickly raised it's arm and checked her arm, eyes widening.

Green liquid oozed out of her left arm as half of it turned purple. "How d-did you-!" "Hel.. help, Please- this, this is painful-" You weren't really buying it that easily as it was a very old trick of the curses. The curses eyes rolled back as it started shaking aggressively, Eyeballs turning red as it face started to swell.

A big greenish-yellow worm like creature came out of the girl's mouth, Turning big once it was out completely and made incoherent loud noises. So it finally decided to reveal itself.