𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆

━ You took a deep sigh before continuing, "And that is why Gakuganji- Along with some other higher-ups have been trying to execute me

You took a deep sigh before continuing, "And that is why Gakuganji- Along with some other higher-ups have been trying to execute me." You finished, Gently patting the shikigami that laid beside you, He had summoned his divine dog a while ago so you could feel more at ease, As Megumi nodded. He'd been paying attention to every single word you said, Not once interrupting you.

Megumi was feeling very bold today, For reasons that were unbeknownst to him, "I'll protect you L/n-san." He said, Your eyes widened as you felt butterflies erupt in your stomach, Cheeks reddening. Megumi soon realised what he said and grew flustered, You shifted closer to him, Adjusting his sweater that you were wearing, "Y/n."

The dark haired boy looked at you in confusion, "Call me Y/n.." You quietly repeated, Looking away, "Y/n." He repeated, As you turned back at him, Not being able to look into his eyes. It was quite, As you both were bust staring at each other; Too caught up in your daze to speak anything.

"Y/n." Megumi broke the silence, Repeating your name again. This time you looked directly into his eyes, Noticing how his eyes softened, "Yes?" You quietly asked, "I.." it felt like his words were stolen right of his tongue, He didn't knew what to say. Megumi slowly leaned his face closer to yours, Very slowly.

You absentmindedly leaned in too, Your faces were only inches away as Megumi admired how beautiful you looked, The moonlight did you justice as the light that peaked in from the window shone on you; As if you were the moon's favorite. Your reddened nose and cheeks, Which he wasn't sure if it was because of crying or the fact that his face was very close to yours. He hoped it was the latter. Megumi couldn't believe someone oh so ethereal looking exists, He felt like you were a dream. A dream he would never want to wake up from, A dream he would gladly be trapped in forever.

Megumi seemed to be in deep thought, as you admired how pretty he looked, There wasn't much light in that side of the room but his deep blue eyes that never failed to remind you of a the deepest pits of an ocean. How his eyelashes framed his now gentle eyes, You couldn't believe that someone so cherubic looking was real, And more importantly he was in front of you, Gazing at you as if you were the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen.

His hands found yours, As you gently laced your hand with his, Megumi raised his other hand to cup your cheek, Caressing the area below your eyes with his thumb. He held your face with delicate tenderness, "Can I.." He softly said, Taking a very deep breath of nervousness before continuing, "Can I kiss you?"

Your eyes widened as you registered what he just asked, His nervousness was very evident, You grew more flustered as you shyly nodded, "Yes.. I would uhh- Like that.." The shikigami user's cheeks reddened as he leaned closer, Shutting his eyes before his lips touched yours softly.

Short and slow pecks turned into short kisses, Short kisses turned into long kisses as you both pulled away; Not being able to open your eyes for few minutes, Megumi rested his forhead on your shoulder, Hiding. As you looked out the window, Smiling uncontrollably.

Megumi was too, Smiling, Like a dork.

Happy birthday to my comfort character, The character who is the exact representation of me, The character who I see myself in, It is truly surreal. Happy birthday to my pretty boy. 🤍

P.S- This fan fiction does not follow the jjk plot line.

Sorry for the short chapter, Will be uploading a Megumi birthday special chapter later today to make up for it.

And lastly, Thank you for 1.49k reads. Truly insane!