𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗵

━ While being attacked with punches, Y/n wondered;

While being attacked with punches, Y/n wondered;

What am I doing? Why am I forgetting my morals? Why am I letting my emotions get the best of me? This certainly isn't who I am- Why am I letting some mere higher-ups make me question my own beliefs? Am I forgetting what I'm fighting for.. Am I forgetting where I stood?

I can't and I won't let them bring me down again, Just because some people won't recognize my efforts doesn't mean I should give up and forget my morals. Fight, Y/n. This isn't about whether my rank gets raised or I get praised- It's about how I'll continue to stay true to myself, No matter what.

She mastered up all the strength she could and pushed kei off of her, Rolling away from the tree and running towards kei; Not wasting anymore time than she already did. She Sent kicks and punches towards the male's direction, Making him stumble backwards; His back hitting the tree, Trapping him.

Oh how the tables have turned.

Y/n grabbed his collar as kei tried to push her off, Using more force she got ahold of his collar and pushed it down along with his upper body; As his abdomen made contact with Y/n's knee. Kei grunted in pain and fell, Clutching his stomach and trying to stand up.

Why would they send him to deal with her if he was that weak? The thought lingered in her mind.. Something felt off here. Was he supposed to be some sort of distraction? Everything about him seemed very shady to her ever since he introduced himself back there.

Kei finally stood up, Y/n started walking backwards as he moved forward. She wanted to take him out in the open. So when they were finally out in the open both of them ran towards each other's direction, Kei aimed his fist towards Y/n's jaw making the girl quickly shield her face using her elbow. His fist made contact with her forearm- She would be lying if she said that punch didn't hurt because it damn well did.

Y/n pushed her forearm forward, Making Kei stumble backwards; She took this opportunity to swiftly turn him around and wrap her arm around his neck- Locking him in. Using her Kokujū restrain would've been a better idea but she didn't wanted to waste her energy so she decided to rely on her physical strength.

Y/n applied force on her arm, Slightly choking Kei, "Who sent you here?" She asked as Kei scoffed while struggling to breath, "No one, I decided to follow you." He muttered as Y/n tightened her hold around his neck, Kei repeatedly slapped her arm with his free hand; Signalling her to let go.

"Cut the bullshit, What are you guys planning?" She sternly asked, Her patience was running low here. "Stop- I can't breath!" Kei yelled, gritting his teeth and trying to wriggle out of her grasp. "Do I look like I care?" She plainly said, This was getting boring. The dark haired male groaned while kicking his feet to get her off balance, "You can't kill me."

"Yes I can, And I might if you don't tell me what the fuck you guys are planning." She yelled kicking the back of his knee, Making him fall down as she finally let go. Kei immediately gasped for air and tried to control his breathing while clutching his throat. Y/n had enough, Was this some sick joke? For a minute she thought Kei would be strong but that simply wasn't it, It was all too frustrating and weird.

Y/n kicked his stomach in frustration, As Kei groaned. Too tired to fight back now, He was going to pass out soon. The kokujū used pinched the bridge of her nose and tsk'd in annoyance.

She should've sticked with the formation. 'what was I even thinking back then?!' She thought while observing the boy beneath her, Who was now passed out. She crouched down to make sure he was knocked out, Just as she was about to touch him Kei suddenly grabbed her wrist and pulled her downwards making her stumble forward and hit the ground, He quickly flipped over and pinned her on the ground, Smirking down at her from top.

Though his smirk morphed into a confused expression when he saw the girl under him was smirking, She broke the intense eye contact as her gaze fell on Kei's wrist, The boy followed her gaze and his eyes went wide-

His hand was covered with black chains, As red aura dangerously emerged around them, "You-!" Y/n grabbed his throat as her hands were now free, And flipped him over; Her now on top as she smirked down at him,

Just how many times has he been in a choke hold with her today? "Fuck- You're so annoying!" He yelled in frustration,"Likewise."

However, Before Y/n could make anymore moves on Kei; They both heard an inhuman shriek- A curse's shriek to be more specific. They both quickly looked at the direction of where the sound came from, Kei still under Y/n.

She observed the scene before her, Eyes wide as she got off of Kei; Finally letting him breath. "That's.. That's a cursed spirit..?" She said in shock, As far as she knew only grade three or lower graded curses were to be released- "Don't tell me.."

"...An intruder?"