𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗵

━ Megumi crossed his arms while still sitting on the infirmary bed, "Well- The students of kyoto visited-" That was enough information for her,"Oh

Megumi crossed his arms while still sitting on the infirmary bed, "Well- The students of kyoto visited-" That was enough information for her,"Oh." Was all she said.

"Zenin-senpai started saying nonsense about Yuuji.", Y/n's grip on the wet cloth tightened. "Obviously that struck a nerve of ours, But then todo senpai.. Well he beat me up pretty badly-"

The kokujū user knocked over a bottle of sanitizer as a cotton bud broke in her grasp, "Did.. Did Principal Gakuganji visit too?" She asked quietly, The veins in her hand were visible as her grip on the corner of counter was tight. "Yeah." Megumi said, wanting nothing but to comfort the girl before her, But he couldn't.

Nobara sensed the atmosphere and spoke up, trying to lighten the mood, "Gotta say though, Mai's uniform looked great." She commented as Y/n hummed, masking her demeanour. Y/n swiftly cleaned her wounds and turned around. "Where's Leiri-Sensei?"

"Here.", The h/c girls eyes met the tired brown eyes of the women she addressed few seconds ago. "Hello sensei." Y/n greeted and Leiri nodded in return. "Can you help me with the wound on my head?" She asked looking away.

"Yeah sure, Sit on the stool." The older women said bluntly and motioned Y/n to sit on the stool behind her. She examined her head and sighed. After her head was all patched up she decided to stay in the infirmary for a little while, Leiri dismissed Nobara and told her that she should rest in her dorm till the exchange event, Leaving Y/n and Megumi alone.

"I'm sorry I couldn't wait for you when you came back from your mission like I promised." Megumi said looking away from the girl before her, His tone sounded like he was pouting, cute. "It's fine, You aren't in the condition to be waiting for me, you know?", He's always been so selfless even if he denies it. "I suppose.."

He turned back to Y/n with almost unnoticeable stars in his eyes, "Can you tell me about your mission?" He asked hopefully; Again, Cute. "Sure, I would love to-",Her eyes lit up, Excited to tell Megumi how badass you were.

~

"Like I said, You're strong L/n-san." Megumi complimented. "Likewise." Y/n smiled, A tiny one but warm nonetheless. Megumi thought about how excited she looked while telling him about her mission, The way her eyes would lit up every time she got to her favorite part, How she would talk with her hands not to mention how she would make 'Boom' 'Swosh!" 'Bam!' Noises while demonstrating the fight- It was all too precious, He wanted to keep that sight all to himself. He absentmindedly smiled.

So did the Kokujū user as she thought about how carefully he listen to her rambling, Focusing on every single details, Like he was genuinely interested- It made her feel like she mattered, And her efforts and talent were impressive. she wanted to be the only one Megumi would pay attention to like that, It was selfish but the thought of Megumi being that attentive to someone else upset her.

They were similar, In so many aspects, Both had to mature at a young age. Both of them often underestimated themselves, Not to mention the fact that both of them had trouble asking for help without feeling weak or like a burden.

Y/n felt like she was a 6/10 but he made her feel like she was the most important person ever. When she got involved in the sorcery world and also got somewhat adopted by the one and only; Gojo satoru, She felt alone, Like she had always felt even. But when she came across this 12 year old boy with messy dark hair who was a shikigami user she felt like she wasn't the only one. She remembered how Satoru would force them to go on a playdate occasionally, Where both of the kids would just sit in silence, Much scared to talk to each other.

As they grew up Y/n realised how similar he was to her, Both of them unintentionally and absentmindedly founded comfort in each other, The comfort they both were deprived of. Megumi and Y/n always failed to relate with others; While others were so free, careless and confident they both were closed off, troubled and insecure. They needed reassurance, And they gave each other that without even realising.

The Kokujū user and The shikigami user weren't close physically, But emotionally; They were intervened.

In the present time though, The said shikigami user just remembere something, He was way too focused on the Kokujū user's gorgeous face that he forgot- "L/n-san, What did you meant by restraining myself?"