Chapter 24: Argument

(/ Thank you for 5k reads! /)

*Timeskip: 1 week (Ep. 14)*

*Location: Contestant Grounds*

.

.

.

*Taco's P.O.V*

"Is that what you said to Pickle?" I hear Mic's voice echo.

.........

I made a mistake. A big one. And here I am paying the consequences of my actions.

It felt like everything was crashing down on me. I should've just listened to Mic.

Why didn't I? Why did I have to shoot them? Why did I kill TestTube?!

'It's because I want the million. I don't care about anyone.', I 'convince' myself.

No! That's not true! I mean. It is! But I didn't want to hurt anyone!

I couldn't muster up the courage to say anything to Mic. I wanted to apologize, but I knew I couldn't. It was far too late for that.

As soon as I tried to say something, anything, to her, she cut off our headset communication. I tried to call out to her, but I knew she couldn't hear me.

I wanted to cry. I lost the only other person who was kind to me. At least, was trying to be kind to me. I could tell she was getting upset at me a while back.

I should've done something to fix our relationship. But I kept making her uncomfortable, challenge after challenge. She was fed up with me, she was going to end this bond we had.

But I beat her to hit. I was the one who took it too far. I was the one who killed TestTube. I was the one who broke our friendship.

I could feel tears forming. I wiped them away, but more kept coming. So this is how Balloon felt...

"I'm sorry. Mic. I am...", I mutter to myself.

I knew Mic couldn't hear me, but I kept saying it anyways.

About 30 minutes passed when I decided to get up. I looked down at Mepad, who laid there shut off. I start to feel a wave of guilt run over me.

Why? Why did I do the things I did? Why did I shut off Mepad? Why did I want the money? Why couldn't I just listen to Mic!?

I start to drag Mepad towards.... Wherever I was going. I wanted to see if I could apologize to Mic.

I walk in the direction of the elimination area, hoping I could apologize in person....

After a good 20 minutes, I made it to my destination. Since I still didn't want to be found by the others (Knife still knows about me though) so, I hid behind the fence.

I decided to watch the elimination go down, to see who got the boot. Since Mephone didn't have Mepad with him, he needed a different way to show off the elimination.

So, he generated a printer. Lamest and slowest way to show the results. Before anything could happen, Mic stood up. What is she doing?

"That won't be necessary.", Mic proclaimed.

"Microphone.... Did you take my ink cartridge?", Mephone asked slightly agitated.

"What. Ugh. No.", She sputtered.