Chapter 16.5: A Little After "Nighttime Talks"

(We'll be going back to the hotel in chapter 17! But first.... a little aftermatch of Nighttime Talks.)

.

.

*Taco's P.O.V*

Who would've thought our bond would become stronger?

Honestly..... I didn't really feel close to Balloon before. And not in a 'I'm going to betray you' sort of way.

More in a .... 'I still have no idea what to do as a friend' sort of way. 

I've never had a proper friend until now..... Other friendships were all fake.... 

Whether the person I was friends with was the fake one..... or it was me being the fake one....

... It's a little pathetic.... I never thought I would have a friend before I died. However...

Balloon changed that. No... He's changing that aspect. He is showing me how to be a real friend. And. I don't think I've ever been happier.

Of course... my goal of getting the million dollars is still my ultimate goal. But.... hmm...

What if... What if the million wasn't what I wanted in the long scheme of things?

.... Pfft- Don't be ridiculous Taco! The million is the ultimate goal! Not some silly, stupid friendship that is worthless!

That's why you're doing this! That's why you're using Microphone! That's... That's why you used... Pickle... 6 years ago.

..................................................................................................

... Did... Did I really want the million? 

Was I changing my ways? Am *I* capable of change? Do I deserve a second chance at this whole making amends thing? .....

I have no clue right now.... 

"Taco?", I hear a squeaky voice call out.

Oh right.... Balloon was still there..... I forgot about him...

"Hmm? Yea?", I hummed in response.

"You okay? You seemed a little lost in thought?", he questioned me.

Ah.... He must've been a little deep in thought. Was Balloon concerned? About me?

"Ah... I'm okay. Just. Just thinking about things.", I semi-lied to him.

"Oh. Okay. Just thought I would check!", he said, with a smile on his face.

Huh. How is Balloon still so... happy? How is he happy when... when he ran away from the hotel? When he nearly tried to sleep forever? When he left his other two friends? When he endured backlash from EVERYONE FOR 6 FUCKING YEARS!?

HOW IS BALLOON STILL HAPPY WHEN HE WAS DEPRESSED?!

"Balloon.", I said flatly.

"U-um... y-yea?", he stuttered.

"...... How. How are you still happy?", I asked him.

"Huh? W-what do you mean?", he questioned, cautiously.

"You endured YEARS of suffering and backlash. You left your other two friends. You nearly tried to off yourself! How are you still happy!?", I asked in distressed.

Why Stay When No one Cares?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें