Chapter 101: Semi-finals - Part 3

Soon it will be the turn of the contestant who cooks with pork loin. President Gu and Ruan Tang noticed that he didn’t have enough time to blanch because of his impatience, which may cause the pork loin appearance to be raw, and the best way to solve this problem is to remediate it with a fire. Just doing this requires very high control over the heat. If the control is not good, the pork loin may be overcooked, and the taste will be greatly reduced.

But obviously, this contestant used the wrong method. He should have tasted the taste after blanching and found out the shortcomings, but he didn’t dare to do a second blanching, lest he would be scalded like the first pork loin. So I finally chose to use rice wine and white vinegar to cover up its fishy smell. This method cannot be regarded as wrong. After all, rice wine and white vinegar do have the effect of removing fishy smell. As long as he can control it a little better, it will have a good effect.

Unfortunately, he was impatient again and poured too much vinegar. Although he used sauce to cover it up, he still couldn't cover up the sour taste in the pork loin. In the end, he made a beautiful presentation with cucumbers and bell peppers. The pork loin was simmered for 20 minutes on a low fire, and the taste was improved with a rich red sauce. It seemed perfect in terms of color and aroma, but it really tasted delicious. Well, that's not the case anymore.

Although the fishy smell has been removed, too much acid has destroyed the protein and tissue structure of the pork loin, making it completely lose its original tender taste, and the thick sauce can't cover up the incompatible sour taste.

[Youlan Xianwan: It looks good, and it smells good, why does it taste so bad when you put it in your mouth?]

[Water and water: Yes, it always feels weird...]

It is conceivable that his grades are not very satisfactory.

Behind him, there is a stir-fried kidney flower that is more brilliant. It uses the wheat ear flower knife that Ruan Tang used in the live broadcast, cut the kidney into long strips in the shape of a bunch of wheat ears, add soy sauce and bean paste to taste, and then put Add the chopped bell peppers and stir-fry over high heat. Not only does it look very beautiful in shape, but it also has a rich and mellow taste, with a soft and smooth taste, and the control of the heat is also very precise, which attracted the nods of the judges.

Qian Yong, who won the top three in the last competition, made boiled pork belly in the way of boiled fish fillets elsewhere. Although he cut the pork belly into shreds, the tissue structure of pork belly is thicker after all, not like fish fillets. It is easy to be cooked, rolled in hot oil, but in the end it was not cooked, and the strong fishy smell even the three judges including Ruan Tang and President Gu couldn't stand it, let alone the special judges with more sensitive five senses.

Although the officers insisted on swallowing the pork belly and did not vomit in front of hundreds of millions of viewers, they forced themselves to maintain a cold and rigid image of the soldiers, but judging from their faces and increasingly tense expressions, it was clear that It definitely doesn't taste much better. And the ten audience judges outside the venue had no scruples, and they vomited up the food as soon as they ate it.

Qian Yong's face turned pale all of a sudden, he bowed deeply to the judges' seat, and then retreated silently.

Ruan Tang looked in He Yunchen's direction with some concern. He knew that He Yunchen's physique level was the highest among the crowd, and his senses were more sensitive, so he was very worried about what adverse reactions he would have after eating the unfamiliar pork belly.