Yessss. I'll bring the tequila! - Bestie Boo 🤞🏽🩷

I'll bring the appetite 😋 - Xavier 🩵

I laughed and rolled my eyes. He gets on my damn nerves.

I'll be there. Lmk if you need me to bring anything. - Mina 🫶🏽

Thanks y'all, see you later! Mina, can you pick the tacos up for me? I'm gonna order and pay for them when I get back to work, I have to stop by the store before I get home. - Me

Before I put my phone down Mina hearted my message. I exited out of the text thread and scrolled through my music before settling on a song. As I made my way back to work my mind drifted to Marcus. The way he fucked me was like no other and I've been sexually frustrated ever since that night. I bit my lip and shook my head as I focused on the road because my mind was surely about to start having flashbacks of that night.

"Alani, can you go make copies of these packets for orientation?" I heard my mom say from behind me. I paused the YouTube video that I was watching and nodded as she handed them to me. I work as an administrative assistant for my mom. She's the director over the enrollment department at an insurance agency. This isn't my dream job and I technically don't have to work because, I'm not ashamed to admit it, my parents take care of my big bills, like my car note and my mortgage payment every month while I pay the smaller ones. I only work to get out of the house because I know if asked them to pay all of my bills, I know they would without any hesitation. When they offered to do that when they bought my townhouse for me, I knew that was a once in a lifetime offer and I would have been a damn fool to turn it down. Even though they take care of my bills, I don't feel the need to depend on them. If it ever came down to them telling me that they weren't going to be paying my bills anymore, I would be okay because I've been saving my money.

"Yes ma'am. I'm leaving once I get finished." I said to her as I stood up. She nodded as she looked at her watch.

"I am too. They got me fucked up if they think I'm staying here past seven again." She said. I laughed as I started walking to the copy machine and she walked with me. "How was lunch with your big head ass dad?" She asked. I laughed as I rolled my eyes.

"Not too much on my daddy, mama. But it was good. He told me about how you wanna take a vacation to the Bahamas." I said as I took the staples out of the packet before putting it in the copy machine. I fixed the settings so that it could copy the front and back before pressing the start button.

"I did, and his ass gonna tell me to go in the backyard and make it seem like I'm on vacation. Chile I cussed him out from head to toe and went to sleep." She said. I laughed. "Anyways. You can bring those to my office when you get finished. I have something I need to go finish up before I get out of here." I nodded as she walked away. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and saw that it was going on 5:30 so I needed to hurry up and get out of here.

Once I finished making the copies I stapled them before taking them to my mom. I grabbed my things from my desk and shut my computer down and made my way out of the office. "Good night ladies." I said to my coworkers as I walked by their desks.

"Good night Lani." One of them replied. I made it outside and quickly got in my car. I stopped by the gas station by the job before making my way to the Publix that's close to my house. I parked and got out and made my way inside. I stopped by the bakery and grabbed two dozens of glazed donuts because I was craving them so bad. I then walked over to the produce section and stocked up on some apples, bananas, celery, kale, blueberries, and strawberries. As I made my way around the corner to go to the water aisle I bumped into another cart.