Chapter 94: Audition and Preliminary Competition

Start from the beginning

[Meow loves to eat all the dishes of the anchor: Aww, my Tang is so handsome! Thunderbolt is invincible and handsome!]

[Baomu can't hold it: I look forward to Tanglu's hand! (☆☆)]

[Xiaomi Zhou from Yu's house: Oh my god, I really want to lick the screen, Tangtang looks so good!]

"Everyone knows that the combination of knife skills, fire skills and ingredients determines the final taste of a dish, so today we are going to test everyone's three basic skills." President Gu stood up with a smile and said, " Forget all the external things and go back to the basics of cooking."

The competition system was kept secret before the competition. I thought it was a high-end route this time, and almost every contestant focused on researching dishes with enough gimmicks. Upon hearing the news, the players were in an uproar.

In this way, wouldn't their preparations for the past few days be in vain?

President Gu looked at them with a smile for a while, then clapped his hands, signaling them to be quiet, "Next, we will start the first test, knife skills." The staff next to him pushed a table in front of

Ruan Tang on table was a peeled potato and a kitchen knife.

"Everyone knows potatoes, right? It is a very common and practical basic ingredient. It is suitable for various cooking methods and can be matched with many different ingredients. It has a high fault tolerance rate in taste, and it is something that many people will come into contact with when they are beginners. A kind of ingredient." Ruan Tang said, picking up the kitchen knife, "but the basics don't mean simple, potato shreds are easy to make, but it is very challenging to do well, and there are also requirements for knife skills. Now, let me show you and check out the standard for full marks."

He reached out to pick up the potato, put it on the chopping board, picked up the kitchen knife with the other hand, pressed five fingers on the potato, and pressed it firmly, then raised the knife and dropped it until he finished cutting The slices and potatoes seem to have not reacted yet, and they are still stuck together. Ruan Tang pushed it down sideways with his hand again, until the terraced fields were revealed.

Ruan Tang slashed the knife again. He slashed the knife very fast, with narrow and even spacing, and even the impact of the knife blade on the chopping board was particularly rhythmic. After cutting, he shoveled the potato shreds directly into the water with a knife. When they touched the water, the potato shreds finally dispersed. It's almost impossible to see the color.

"The qualified standard should be simpler, as long as the thickness is within 0.3 mm."

Ruan Tang's gorgeous knife display not only aroused a burst of applause from the players on the field, but also shocked the audience watching the live broadcast.

[Little Swallow Fly, Fly: So handsome, so handsome, so handsome! Aww, this is so cool!]

[Gold coins fall: That was insane. Our Tangtang is amazing !]

[Baomu can't hold it: I am so powerful that it explodes! Xiao Lu shocked the audience with one hand!]

"Your potatoes and cooking tables have been prepared in the back room. After everyone takes their places according to the serial number, you can start the first test of today." President Gu said.

"Remember, the important thing is not the speed, but the quality." Ge Lao warned.

Everyone filed into the large room at the back, where dozens of rows of cooking tables were neatly arranged. On the table were two potatoes, a cutting board and a brand new kitchen knife.

The contestants immediately started to act, and soon there was the sound of neatly chopping vegetables in the room.

Several judges paced slowly behind the contestants, silently observing their every move, which created some extra pressure on them virtually.

In highly tense situations, accidents can easily happen, and soon someone's hand will be cut by a knife.

President Gu asked the staff to bandage their wounds, and reminded them again: "Please pay attention, the key is not speed, but quality. I hope everyone can adjust their mood and play steadily."

Finally, for this first test, brush nearly 30 people went down, leaving only 172 people.

"Although your road to the competition has stopped here, I hope you will not be discouraged and go back to hone your basic skills. We will wait for you to come back in the next competition." President Gu said kindly to the eliminated contestants, But the expressions on the faces of the people were still quite frustrated. Obviously, they were quite worried about the fact that they failed to meet the standard in cutting potato shreds.

Ruan Tang shook hands and hugged them one by one, and then sent them out of the arena.

"The next thing to test is the second item, firework."

This time, the ingredients brought up were fresh duck legs, and the contestants were asked to make a bowl of stewed duck soup.

Duck is a very difficult ingredient to cook. If it is not handled properly, it will have a strong fishy smell. It is completely unacceptable to people with relatively high physical levels and sensitive five senses. If it is too large, it is easy to cook the duck too old. If the fire is too low, not only will it not taste good, but the meat will not be stewed until it is tender.

In order to increase interactivity and visibility, they also recruited five soldiers with high physical fitness from the military department, and selected five lucky viewers with high physical fitness levels from the audience to judge the duck soup they made together. The votes of the ten off-site judges are equally important. The contestants must obtain at least half of the votes in favor of the ten off-site judges, otherwise they will be directly entered into the danger zone, and the three main judges will decide their final fate.

You must know that 72 people will be eliminated in the future. If they do not perform well, they may go home directly in this round.

With this heavy pressure, everyone's faces became more dignified.