Chapter 89: Happy Meeting

Start from the beginning

"Major General? Are you leading the team yourself? Is the material transported this time so important?" Li Kai knows how dangerous it is to leave the protection range of the protective cover. The new type of flying insect has sharp mouthparts and double pincers, which can easily tear the mecha. The safe landing of a transport ship is all escorted by human life.

Generally speaking, the commander must sit in the rear and conduct command. If it is not necessary, he should not carry out dangerous tasks. Besides, although the escort transport ship is important, it is not to the point that He Yunchen must go there in person. In this case, the major general unexpectedly I have to lead a team to meet them in person. How important is the thing carried on the transport ship this time?

He calculated all kinds of materials in his mind, mechs, food, medicine, energy... It seemed that all of them were very important, but none of them seemed particularly important.

"Very important." After He Yunchen answered Li Kai's question concisely, he entered the cockpit of the mech.

A single dog like Li Kai will not understand that this transport ship not only has important energy sources and new and improved mechs, but also has his sweetheart.

Not long after, the huge hull of the transport ship appeared around the protective shield, and those Zerg hovering around the base seemed to smell the smell of prey, and immediately swarmed up.

The mech battle team of the Third Army, which was in charge of escorting the transport ship, fought the Zerg, but the number of the Zerg was too large and too fierce, and the mecha team soon couldn't support it.

"Come on!" He Yunchen drove the mecha and led the mecha fighters, rushed out of the protective cover together, and used fierce artillery fire to cover the landing of the transport ship.

 Their goal is not to fight, but to cover, and the battle is just a touch, and they don't love to fight. However, from the firefights in the past few days, these Zerg who have already had some simple thinking have discovered this giant "steel clamp meat" Every time it lands, the combat power of the imperial army will be improved, so it is also trying its best to prevent the transport ship from landing. Both sides have their own advantages and disadvantages, and soon reached a stalemate.

Ruan Tang listened to the sound of gunfire coming from outside, felt the constant tremor of the hull, and his heart huddled tightly. This was his first contact with war in two lifetimes, and it was more dangerous than he imagined. And horror, the scale of interstellar wars is larger than that of earth wars, and the firepower is more ferocious. Maybe a beam of light will kill hundreds of people.

Even though the fire outside was dazzling, Ruan Tang couldn't help watching the situation outside through the window of the cabin.

He saw the flying worms fighting with the mecha outside, because the opponent's body was too big, and he couldn't see it all at once from the small window. He could only use the flying worms to move continuously, and stitch together the images of each area he saw. .

This kind of insect is much larger than the previous grasshopper, with a long and narrow body and a black carapace covering its outer shell, which is similar to the hill-like beetle. They all have a cold metallic luster, and their sharp forefeet can easily Tore apart the armor.

He compared it with the insects he knew in his heart, and felt that this flying insect looked somewhat similar to a beetle called a tiger beetle on the earth in his previous life, only the color of the carapace was different. The earth tiger beetle has strong jumping ability and extremely fast speed. This kind of flying insect is even more amazingly fast, as if it can teleport, it can jump from one mecha to another in an instant. Surrounded by plenty of flying insects full of blood. Seeing the mechs guarding the transport ship being shot down one after another, Ruan Tang's heart almost burst out of his chest.

When the transport ship suffered heavy damage again, several soldiers who were in charge of guarding the transport ship came to Ruan Tang and took him to the escape cabin at the rear of the transport ship, "Mr. Ruan, academicians, please follow us!"

The order they received was to protect the safety of Ruan Tang and the researchers, so after discovering that the transport ship might be in danger of being sunk, they immediately took them away. Compared with a huge transport ship, it is obviously easier to cover only a few people.

But before they ran through the long passage, a crack appeared in the hull of the transport ship, and a sharp forelimb of a flying insect pierced in, tearing a gap in the ship wall in an instant, and a pair of protruding compound eyes came from behind. He leaned out and looked at the people in the cabin.

"Mr. Ruan, you go first!" Several soldiers immediately took out their weapons and aimed at the eyes of the flying insect to cover Ruan Tang's escape.

The photon guns of the soldiers only left shallow marks on the carapace of the flying worm. The eyes of the flying worm are relatively fragile parts. Seeing that these people dared to attack it, it was immediately enraged, and it hissed angrily He opened his mouth wide and bit towards the soldiers.

Seeing that the soldier was about to die, Ruan Tang looked back, the blood in his body was almost congealed, and just when he couldn't help but close his eyes, six bullets hit the flying bird quickly and mercilessly. The abdomen of the worm, and all of them were precisely attacked at the same point, and finally a big hole was pierced in the belly of the worm. With the sound of explosions, the flying worm finally fell down convulsively.

"Prepare to land!" The mecha on the opposite side turned on the loudspeaker, and it was Ruan Tang's familiar voice. Under the background of such a raging war, he instantly felt extremely at ease.

Under the cover of thousands of mechas, the transport ship landed in the base. Although it was riddled with holes by the Zergs, it finally landed safely. The moment he entered the protective cover, he saw the ferocious mouths of countless Zergs. The weapon pierced into the ruined mecha, and blood rushed to the eye sockets.

This is... the battlefield.

His ears seemed to be pierced by thunder, and he was dizzy and unable to think. He could only instinctively follow the crowd out of the transport ship. His legs and feet were still a little weak, but the next moment, he fell into the A firm and familiar embrace.

"—A-Tang!"

His brain was awakened by the voice, and he burst into tears instantly.