Chapter 35: I-I can't do that

No rest for the wicked 1

Alexis sat on the floor, searching for another way to save Dean. She needed to be alone for a little bit. Just being in the same room as Dean made her chest tighten and her mind race to what would happen in a little more than 30 hours. The door opens and closes.

"Lexi." Deans voice was soft as he sat down on the couch across the coffee table from her.

The sound of his voice made Alexis' heart clench painfully. "Yeah?"

"Come here." Dean says.

Alexis stood, moving to sit beside him. "We're running out of time, Dean." She whispers.

Dean sighs, setting a hand on her leg. "I know."

Alexis turns her head, her eyes moving over every feature of his. Then her eyes land on his lips. She wanted to forget. Desperately. She wanted to let the world fade. So, Alexis straddled his lap and kissed him. It was rushed and forceful. She grabs the hem of her shirt, but before she could pull it over her head, Dean grabbed her hand.

"Slow down, sweetheart. Talk to me." Dean took her hand.

Alexis shook her head. "I don't wanna talk." Tears fill her eyes and slip down her cheeks.

Dean lifts his hand, wiping away the tears with the pad of his thumb. "Hey, hey, don't cry."

Alexis wipes her eyes. "I'm not." She pauses. "I can't lose you, Dean." She sobs. "Please."

"Hey, hey, hey. Look at me.. It'll be fine." He gives her a small smile, wiping away her tears.

Dean set his hand on the side of her neck, bringing her closer. His lips met hers in a soft, gentle, slow kiss. He pulls her closer, one hand sliding up the curve of her back. He was acting as if he had all the time in the world.

Like they weren't on the worlds scariest deadline. Alexis wrapped her arms around his neck, running her fingers through his hair. Dean took the hem of her shirt and pulled it over her head. He flipped the two over to where he was hovering above her.

He pulls away slightly. "I'm sorry." He whispers.

Alexis sighs, nodding her head as she pulled Dean back to her.

~~~

Dean, who'd fallen asleep with his head resting against the book on the desk, jumps awake with panic in his eyes.

"You okay?" Alexis asks, reaching over to set a hand on his. He meets her eyes, breathing heavy. She gave him a sad smile as Sam walked in the room.

"Dig up anything good?" Sam questions as Dean closes the book.

"No," Dean clears his throat. "nothing good."

"Well, Bobby has, finally."

"Yeah?"

"Really?" Alexis turns in her seat to look at Sam.

"Yeah, a way to find Lilith." Sam nods.

"Wow, and with just, uh," Dean checks his watch. "thirty hours to go. Hey, why don't we just make a TJ run, you know? You know, some senoritas, cervezas. Uh, we could--What's Spanish for 'donkey show'?"

Alexis slaps his arm, a small smile on her face. "You're an idiot." She says quietly.

Sam chuckles. "So if we do save you, lets never do that."

"Yeah." Dean nods.

Sam sat down. "Hey, Dean, um," he pauses. "We're cutting it close, I know. But we're gonna get this done. I don't care what it takes, Dean. You're not gonna go to hell. I'm not gonna let you. I swear. Everything's gonna be okay."