Chapter 7: No, I'm not 'chill with that'

This one doesn't follow an episode

A knock on the door made Alexis look up from her mother's journal. She stood, the white button up shirt she took from Dean falling down a little past mid thigh. Alexis opened the door to see Vivian standing there, a smile on her face. 

"...Hi." Vivian pushes the strap of her bag further up her shoulder. 

"Can I help you?" Alexis asks, leaning against the door. 

"Uh, yeah. I guess. That is why I'm here." 

"And the reason you're here is....?" 

"I, uh, I was wondering if wanted wanted to, like, hang out today or something." 

"Hang out meaning? Like, what would we do?" 

"I don't know. Just, like, hang out." 

"Okay." Alexis shrugs. "Let me get dressed." 

~~~

"So what exactly are we doing?" Alexis asks, looking over at Vivian as the two walk through the mall. 

"Shopping." Vivian says in a 'duh' tone. 

Alexis nods her head. "Good thing I took Deans wallet. It'll be his treat." 

"Well, we don't have to use that money. I memorized one of my friends credit card numbers. We're not friends anymore, so, that's why." 

"Okay." Alexis  sighs, following behind Vivian. 

~~~

Alexis sat across from Vivian in the crowded food court. She knew something was off, Vivian hadn't even insulted her once. The weirder thing was Vivian hadn't insulted Dean when he came up in a conversation. Vivian was acting weird. Very weird. 

"So, Vivian, is something going on? Something I should know about?"  Alexis stirs the straw around her drink as she looks up at her sister. 

"No. No. Its an end of the day type of thing." Vivian shakes her head. 

"Are you sure?" 

"...Uh, yeah." Vivian pauses. "I mean, what do you want me to tell you, I'm pregnant? Which I'm not. It was an example." 

"I don't know, I was just asking. Geez." Alexis shrugs. "I just wanted to know if something was wrong." 

"Not at the moment." 

"Okay. I'll believe you." For now, Alexis added in her head. 

~~~

Later that day, when the sun was setting, Vivian and Alexis walked into the bar. The two sat down, and ordered their drinks. 

"So...." Vivian starts. 

"So, what?" Alexis grabs the shot glass, downing it.

"Got something to tell you. And, like, just to get it out of the way, yes, I was buttering you up all day. But I had fun, so...Yeah."