Chapter 30: I'm trying to be supportive

Ghostfacers! 2

When Alexis woke the most horrible song, in her opinion, was playing. Its My Party by Lesley Gore. Alexis agreed that if it was your party do whatever you want, but its a party, damn it. Don't cry, drink. Those had been her exact words when she'd ranted about the song before. It was dark and Sam sat beside her. Corbett sat at the other end of the table, unconscious.

"Corbett." Sam calls out. The boy groans, stirring. "Corbett. Hey, wake up, man."

"You're missing out on the party of the year here, dude." Alexis adds sarcastically. She was also pretty sure there were dead bodies beside her, but that wasn't the most pressing issue right now.

When Corbett looked up, the headlight he wore shone around the room. It was dirty and dusty. And there were, in fact, dead bodies sitting beside Alexis.

"Corbett, you gotta keep listening to my voice, okay?" Sam continues. "I'm right here. Stay awake."

"Don't listen to him." A voice says. The voice had belonged to Freeman Daggett, the previous owner. "It stops hurting, so don't worry." Daggett picked up a long, skinny metal pole and pressed it to Corbetts temple.

"Corbett, stay with me." Sam shakes his head.

"Hey, bitch." Alexis calls out in hopes of grabbing Daggetts attention, but it didn't work. "Corbett, just stay with us, okay."

"She's right." Sam nods. "We're right here. Hey stay with me. Don't.. No. Don't. No!"

Daggett had moved the metal pole to the back of Corbetts neck as Sam and Alexis call our for him to stop. Daggett slowly pushed the pole through Corbetts throat.

~~~

"Dean, what are you doing?" Harry asks as Dean stood at a desk, going through the papers they'd found earlier.

"Daggett was a Cold War nut, okay. He was a amateur taxidermist. He liked to slow dance with cadavers and all he ate was C rations. So what the hell are we looking for?" Dean angrily drops the box onto the table.

"A horrible life." Maggie suggests.

"A lonely life." Dean states. "A Cold War life. He was scared.  He was scared. He was scared." Dean dropped the paper in hand and took off running through the house.

"Scared of what?" Ed questions.

~~~

"Get away from me." Sam tells Daggett.

"This won't hurt. Its okay." Daggett leans over Alexis. "Relax." He tells her as he puts a party hat on her.

"Ugh but its an ugly hat." She complains. "Come on, asshole. At least be fashionable."

Daggett then moves to Sam, putting a hat on him as well.

~~~

"Where are you going?" Maggie asks as they all follow Dean down the stairs.

"Guys like Daggett back then, the ones scared if the Russkies, they built bomb shelters." Dean starts. "I'm guessing he's got one. I'll bet you its in the basement." He opens the basement door, going in with Spruce right behind him.

Before anyone else could walk through, the door slammed shut.

"That is not funny. How many times--?" Ed began..

"Uh, who closed the door?" Spruce asks.

"It did." Dean answers, walking back up to the door. "It wants to separate us. Ed, listen to me. There's some salt in my duffle. Make a circle and get inside." He instructs.