Chapter 31: Hello is, in fact, a very triggering word

Long distance call 1

Alexis ran her finger over Deans collarbone as he sat between her legs with his head on her chest.

"You know, this isn't half bad." Dean squeezes her knee where his hand rested.

"I told you." Alexis leans down, pressing her lips to his shoulder as she sinks further into the hot, bubbly water. They had decided to crash at Mae's house for a little bit since she now runs a bed and breakfast. So Dean and Alexis were currently in the large clawfoot bathtub.

"Yeah, I'm glad you tricked me into this." Dean smiles at her.

"I didn't trick you." She scoffs. "You just thought you were gonna get lucky. Proved you wrong."

"Well, you made me think that. You led me on."

"Before you say it again, no, Dean. No, that was not a striptease. So, I did not make you think that. You just have a perverted mind."

Dean scoffs. "Okay, sure. Since when do you leave the bathroom door cracked open? You knew what you were doing."

Alexis smiles to herself. "I did not." I did.

Dean chuckles, his hand slipping down her thigh. "Whatever."

Alexis ran her hand through his damp hair causing him to hum in approval as he closed his eyes. "Dean?"

"Yeah, sweetheart?"

"I'm glad you were mind controlled into saying you had feelings for me."

"Me too, Lex."

"Do you ever...miss being single though? I mean, you're not bored?" Alexis asks.

"Lexi, trust me, I could never get bored with you. Hell, I kept your around for 14 years before we slept together. I think I'll keep you." Dean says in a joking tone.

Alexis chuckles. "You mean a lot to me, Dean. You know that, right?"

"Yeah, and, darlin', you mean the world to me." Dean pauses. "Lexi, I don't have much time left and there's something I have to say."

"Okay...." Alexis trails off, encouraging Dean to continue.

He sits up, turning to face her. "Lexi, I need you to move on, okay? Don't get hung up on bringing me back. Please, for my sake. That's all I want. I want you to be happy. Live. For me. Alexis, I-I-I lo--" Dean cut himself off, setting a hand on the side of her face. Alexis leaned into his touch as he brushed his thumb over her cheek- bone. "And remember me happy. With you." Dean said those two things as if they were the same. As if a person could never know true joy until they'd met her. "Just don't forget me."

Alexis gave him a soft smile. "I-I--" Alexis pauses. "I could never forget you. Not in a million lifetimes."

Dean leans forward, letting his forehead rest against hers. "I wish I could stay here with you forever." He whispers.

"Me too." Alexis sighs.

~~~

"Yep. I got it. Okay, bye." Dean hangs up the phone as Sam walks toward him and Alexis as they sat on the bench outside of the college. It was cloudy and it had been raining earlier. Dean stood, throwing Sam the can when he got close enough. "So?"

"So the professor doesn't know crap." Sam begins.

"Well, I coulda told you that." Alexis wipes her hands on her pant leg as she finished her donut.

"Shocking." Dean adds. "Pack your panties, Sammy. We're hitting the road." He pats Sams arm as he steps around him.

"What? Whys that?" Sam questions.